Minnie Winnie sewer cap with garden hose -- adapter?

Started by ChristineAZ, April 20, 2014, 02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristineAZ

A friend left his 70's Minnie Winnie and I recently got a sewer cap with the garden hose adapter at the local RV place so we could do dishes, etc and water the trees.   It didn't fit, was too small.    They don't have anything larger.

Is there an adapter available anywhere online?

I also noticed that both valves are leaking, should everything be changed to 3" eventually if/when it goes on the road?

Thanks much,

Christine

LJ-TJ

• Call Bob at Sands RV in Ohio tell him what your looking for and he'll fix you up.
http://www.sandsrv.com/
Tell him the Winnie gang sent you, he'll fix you right up :)ThmbUp

Stripe

Sewer Cap with garden hose adapter?  The only thing I know of like that is a waste tank elbow with that water hose connector for back flushing the waste tanks..  As for watering trees with it or doing dishes, Umm... ??? No.. N:(
If your valves are leaking (like mine were at one point) You can either remove, clean and rebuild(like I did) or replace just the valves. No need to redo all pipes.

Here is a picture of what I think you are talking about..  This is for dumping and then back washing..

Or are you talking about this?
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

I had one of those.  Worked pretty good.  Although, I definitely wouldn't use it for washing dishes... (a little concern about residoodoo)
Which... isn't what it's for... it's for flushing your sewer hose before you disconnect it.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

M & J

M & J

Stripe

Fredric,

ChristineAZ

I'll try Sands RV as soon as I got some time during the day.

And I can't imagine not using gray water for landscape irrigation.  We've been in a severe drought in the SW and this year we haven't had any rain yet -- NONE!   Of course we use "good" soap like Dr. Bronner's and coffee leftovers and grounds are excellent organic fertilizer.  Grease from meat dishes is not desireable.

Oz

The following topic goes into dump valve sizes and fittings.  Perhaps there's something here that will help:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,3331.msg7787.html#msg7787
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JDxeper

Wal mart has the sewer caps with the garden hose fittings.

Never mind this I was thing 3 inch stuff.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Stripe

Quote from: ChristineAZ on April 22, 2014, 02:59 AM
And I can't imagine not using gray water for landscape irrigation.  We've been in a severe drought in the SW and this year we haven't had any rain yet -- NONE!   Of course we use "good" soap like Dr. Bronner's and coffee leftovers and grounds are excellent organic fertilizer.  Grease from meat dishes is not desireable.
Ahh, well that explains why the need for the hose connection.  The way you explained it in your OP it seemed like you wanted to hook the hose up to the dump connection to clean dishes.. ???
Fredric,

legomybago

You don't do your dishes with grey water Stripe i??  Whats wrong with the boy...
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Stripe

Fredric,

M & J

Quote from: legomybago on April 23, 2014, 05:10 PM
You don't do your dishes with grey water Stripe i??  Whats wrong with the boy...

Wow. I'll pass on that question....
M & J

Stripe

Fredric,