Electric steps won't stay extended

Started by Odss91b, April 05, 2014, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odss91b

I noticed that my steps do not stay out when extended. Every time someone steps on them they slide back up under the MH a little. Is there a way to fix them?

Stripe

THe stairs are easy to adjust, just make sure you disconnect power before working on them.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Odss91b

DaveVA78Chieftain

What brand are they?  Should be written on the motor
[move][/move]

Odss91b

I looked for the name on the motor couldn't find it. Will try again tomorrow.

Stripe

In all likelihood they are the Kwikee Lectro-matic Steps. Probably the 24" model.  Double check that all the joints are in good condition and that nothing is jamming them or getting in the way..  Mine were a bit wonkey and all I had to do was replace a missing rivet..

First page of owners manual.

I'm sending the rest to Mark, he can convert them to PDF..

Also if it is a Kwikee, they make repair kits for them.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Researching the Winnebago parts for a 89 Chieftain I discovered that you should have Winnebago P/N 094707-01-01A which is a Kwikee Series 32 model. 
Note:  Double check by following the How to ID the step document below.
When Kwikee was procured by Powergear they redefined all the documentation so it can get confusing so...

Manuals:
Kwikee Step Reference data

Kwikee Step Identification Guide - Use to identify the step and the parts.  My research indicated yours is a Series 32 Step

Model #880 Owners Manual  Covers the Series 32.  Turn to page 7 - Cam Stop Adjustment procedure which locks the step in the out position.

Kwikee Step Testing Procedures  - General troubleshooting but may not help you in your case.

Dave
[move][/move]

Odss91b

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Odss91b

Oz

Let us know when you get them fixed and what you did to fix them. 

:)

Odss91b

Oz