Part # needed for A727 Trans pan gasket

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 25, 2008, 11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 5/27/2003 5:53 PM

Does anyone have a part number for a tranny pan gasket for a '74 Injun wit a 440-3 injun? - Sob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Dodge chassis motorhomes, i think they all came with the A727 transmission. In any auto parts place ask for the a tranny oil change kit for the A727- it is a pan gasket plus the inlet/pickup filter. There may be two gaskets in the kit, one for the much newer version of the transmssion with a different shape to the body casting. I forget how many quarts of dextron II you will need - 4 to 6? You check the fluid level of a 727 after having done a few slow shifts, and with the engine idling in neutral - not in park like most of the cars today. The dipstick will say so. I try to change my tranny oil in a location where I dont ever need to walk or have grass to grow again. denison

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The PO has a gallon and a half of tranny oil.  He also had 6 qts of engine oil and 2 gal of anti-freeze.  Gee, hmmmm, everything that leaks!  Why didn't I think of that?  Just keep filling the fluid and the heck with the hassle of fixing the problem.  Always keeps your fluids fresh! - Sob