Need Porch light for 1986 Cheiftain

Started by Neil Carrick, March 30, 2014, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Carrick

Anyone know where I can find a light just like this one?  Mine is in poor repair at the bottom of the inner housing and I want to do something with it. A direct replacement would be the easiest and most efficient fix

Thanks...   Neil
Neil and Shelley

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Neil Carrick

AWESOME!!!  Ask and ye shall receive...  That is perfect.  An updated version to LED, got rid of the fiberglass or plastic inside and replaced it with full chrome..  and only $55.00!

Thanks so much...
Neil    :)ThmbUp
Neil and Shelley

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Thundercloud

You could put a diesel in it and make your own bio-fuel out of corn or potatoes etc.
Independence, freedom and determination!!!

Neil Carrick

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!!!

Found one online in Texas, paid $27.90 US and another $29.00 US for shipping and got it to my door inside of 10 days!
Really liking the way this is starting to come together with winter almost over. Just got to get it mounted and a few other projects completed and then its time for some relaxation.
Many thanks for the guidance in finding some of these parts.!!    :)ThmbUp :)

https://texmood.com

Neil...
Neil and Shelley

Rickf1985

29.00 for shipping?!!! ??? ??? WHERE do you live?

ClydesdaleKevin

I replaced the lens on mine a while back, and since I switched the bulb out for a super bright LED, I sealed the edges of the lens with clear silicone to keep it water tight.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Neil Carrick

Middle of nowhere in West central Manitoba.  That was the only shipping option offered so figgered to make the best of it. Had a line on one locally, but they said they could no longer get them in..  Their price was in excess of $50.00 regardless, so this was a close second and they did have them in stock.  Sometimes it doesn't quite seem fair, but there you have it.

From (finally) sunny Oak Lake Manitoba Canada!!!   :)

Neil...
Neil and Shelley

joev

yep ordered new brake pads and wheels cyl cost was $35 shipping to Ontario Canada $45  $@!#@!

Rickf1985

Quote from: Neil Carrick on April 22, 2014, 08:23 PM
Middle of nowhere in West central Manitoba.  That was the only shipping option offered so figgered to make the best of it. Had a line on one locally, but they said they could no longer get them in..  Their price was in excess of $50.00 regardless, so this was a close second and they did have them in stock.  Sometimes it doesn't quite seem fair, but there you have it.

From (finally) sunny Oak Lake Manitoba Canada!!!   :)

Neil...

Ok, That explains it. I would give up cheap (relatively) shipping for that type of isolation. But somewhere warmer.

bnlfan

The story of my life... Day late and a dollar short.

All the sites listed on here are now gone.  Except the ebay auction in Australia.  And, they don't do international shipping....bummer.

I just finished painting the entire motor home and will be doing the strips soon.  But I need to replace the light cover because it is yellowed very bad. 

Rickf1985

bnlfan

Thank you man.

I clicked the other link above for that website and the page said they were shutting down business.  I am going to try and buy off that link you posted.

Thank you so much.

Edit ~~~~

I just went to the site and made the purchase.  I tried searching but did not really know what to type to locate it on their site.  If you go to www.texmood.com the page indicates they are closing up shop. 

But, thank you Rick.  You're a life saver.

Rickf1985

That was the link I went to, it says using up stock and not reordering so I checked and there you go. I have been in the restoration business for a long time, you learn to never give up until they throw you out the door. :D