first hand view of full time boondocker

Started by cosmic, March 30, 2014, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmic

I came across this guy on Youtube.com   He is a 32 year old guy who decided to go back to college and live in his RV. He explains all the pros and cons of boondocking and full time RV living.
He gets into everything you could ever imagine life on the road. Boondocking. I just had to watch every episode and live life on the road through his documentaries.
Enjoy :)clap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRY6dR7Ae4

LJ-TJ

DonD

No documentation but I lived in my MH for 4 years while working.

Never hooked up. :)

Found a place where the city sanitation trucks dumped...not gated :)

Learned the location of water taps with handles :)

Became friends with the local propane guy :)

Used a PO box  :)

Parked inside my work yard a lot :)

Carefully selected overnight parking within neighborhoods or in industrial areas :) ALWAYS left early A.M.

Never got run out :)
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Mr. T

DonD, I liked everything you wrote except for overnight stays in industrial areas.  I use to pull a flatbed across the eastern seaboard.  Met a couple of drivers that had been attacked and robbed while parked in industrial areas.  They were waiting for the docks to open.  Got out of their cab to relieve themselves, and or, to stretch their legs, and were jumped.

I suppose if there is some traffic about, it might be okay.  My experience was the warehouse districts were void of humans or vehicle traffic, except of course for the no gooders lurking about.

Don T.

ClydesdaleKevin

Drats!  Foiled again!  My internet connection doesn't let me easily view YouTube or any streaming video.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.