SpaceMaker Coffee Maker (Found!)

Started by Lefty, March 24, 2014, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefty

A little while back, I posted that I was looking for a SpaceMaker style coffee maker. Black & Decker quit making the kind you used to be able to buy at different places in the $40-$50 range... now they only offer one coffee maker that costs a whopping $399.00!!!

We have been searching for a good one ever since, and I was determined I wasn't paying $100+ for one on Flea-Bay.
Well, today we scored!!!

Found a Black & Decker SDC2A Spacemaker Coffee Maker, complete with mounting brackets, for.... $3.99!!! Yep, THREE DOLLARS and NINTEY NINE CENTS!! It is in near perfect condition too. Bought it at a thrift store, brought it home & after washing it (It still had a very dried up filter and grounds in the basket.. ewww), brewed up a perfect cup of coffee! YAY!

Honestly, it doesn't appear to have had more than 2-3 pots of coffee brewed thru it.... There's not even the hint of discoloration from the coffee anywhere in or on it. Either that, or it belonged t somebody with a serious case of OCD and they cleaned the heck out of it after every use. All I have to get now is 4 screws, nuts, and washers to mount it.

Anyways, I'm thrilled. Definitely is my "Bargain of the Week"
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Stripe

Sweet!!
Plenty of nuts abound here...
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

M & J

joanfenn

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Still not gonna beat a Corningware Perk pot...lol!

Congrats on the find!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Mental72

Nice, I LOVE my coffee and anything to make it is awesome, but yeah, there's something about campfire coffee with a corningware perk, isn't there?
Don't mess with Iowa farmboys....we're a special breed.

Lefty

I have a very nice stainless steel perk pot, which I actually won as a door prize at a managers conference when i worked for Napa. I had won a $100 gift certificate to Cabela's Outdoors, and the coffee pot was one of the items I bought with the gift certificate. (The other item was folding camp kitchen, I added a bit of my own money to get both items)

Camp Kitchen:
Mine is like this, but does not have the under counter pantry bags or the lantern holders.. And it was a lot cheaper than the current model, I think it was about $100.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/Outdoor-Cooking/Camp-Kitchens%7C/pc/104795280/c/104754780/sc/104248980/Cabelas-Deluxe-Campers-Kitchen/715223.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcamp-kitchens%2F_%2FN-1100713&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104248980

Coffee Pot:
These are REALLY NICE!! I love mine! It is very solidly built, and still looks as good as the day it arrived. I have the standard 14 cup size, but the also offer it in 28 cup and a massive 36 cup size as well... I highly recommend these if you want a vintage style percolator rugged enough to actually be used on top of a real campfire, it makes fantastic coffee.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Stainless-Steel-High-Temp-Coffee-Pot/732378.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcoffee%2Bpot%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=coffee+pot&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

However, I still love the SpaceMaker I found!! I got it mounted, and it looks like it came factory with the trailer. Works perfect, clock keeps good time so far...$3.99 well spent!!
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

cosmic

after reading your post Lefty. I went in search of one myself and lucked out and found a good one for 15 bucks.
I thought of all the times I had to pack the coffee maker away before I could take off driving. Not any more. I did have to fix a slight leak where the water container push button releases the water. It was a 20 min. fix. brewed a few pots through it over the winter. I swear the coffee tastes better then my house maker. 
I get my beast out of storage on Saturday and cant wait to mount my mr coffee space saver with the stainless pot right above my sink. :)clap. Along with my never ending list of other things I want to do before my first trip of the year the following weekend.