Winnebago electrical question - positive negative..?

Started by Old Man Powell, March 22, 2014, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man Powell

Had the dashboard out and was looking at with wiring and some gages. I am horrible when it comes to that stuff but my neighbor is much better. He was checking some wires and was getting negative voltage across everything. No, the electrodes were not reversed. Been looking through the manuals and every now and then there will be a statement like, "reverse if your vehicle has positive negative," or something like that. What am I missing here? He thinks I have a potentially big problem like a short or something. Anyone have a copy of wiring diagram?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Chassis wiring is in Section 8 of the Dodge MH Service Manual.  The chassis wiring diagram is also available in on page one of the Manuals/Didagrams section in the Members area.

There are some functional wiring diagrams of the coach section there also.

Dave
[move][/move]

Froggy1936

1st check that the battery is not installed backwards Must be negative ground . If it is backwards most likely alternator is scrap . Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Old Man Powell

Battery hooked up right... alternator working. Found several inquires on the internet of people having the same problem(s).

Dave... thanks for the info.... we were just looking at the manuals I had downloaded from here. I forgot to check the member area for more options. Thanks!