Ever order parts from "Autoatlanta.com"...?

Started by Old Man Powell, March 20, 2014, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man Powell

I was just doing some browsing again and the website www.autoatlanta.com came up for brake parts for my 1974 RM400 chasis. Sure enough they have quite a few items, including rotors and even drums (however they are for the 8 lug wheels). Anywho, has anyone ever ordered from them? Proces are very reasonable from what I can tell.

joev

looks like the parts are correct for the m400 chassis  dual piston calipers, 8 stud wheel just ordered front brake pads and new wheel cyclinders for the rear brakes we will see what there like let you know when they get here in Canada

Old Man Powell

My biggest concern was the 8 lug items were listed for the RM400 which is 5 lug. Maybe it's just a "stock photo." Wonder if the calipers for the M400 and RM400 are the same. Just hate to order parts (calipers) and have them be the wrong ones. I emailed them... see if they reply.

joev

got a email confirming my order already  so we will see  ;)

Old Man Powell

Nice... keep me posted and good luck! Do you have one or two wheel cylinders per rear brake? Just curious... I have two (four total)

joev

Getting the correct brake parts here in ONTARIO is not so easy for the front brakes  and costs are more that double the cost from them

joev

nope just one  on each side  two in total mine is a m400  8 stud
RM400 is the 5 bolt pattern I believe

Oz

Hey, if this turns out to be a good source, would one of you please add the link here?:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/board,54.0.html
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DaveVA78Chieftain

I am doomed to always keep telling everyone:

the 74-75 Dodge Motorhome Service manual supplement states that for 73-75  (YES I SAID 73 - 75; the RMxxx designation started in 73)

RM300 is redesignated to M300

RM350 is redesignated to M400, and

RM400 is redesignated to M500

If you go look for M500 parts (typically considered a Medium Duty Truck) you will find your RM400 stuff

Now the confusing part is that due to when Dodge made this redesignation, many of the M400 aftermarket parts were  already listed under RM350 not M400 (especially brake disks hint hint).  So for M400 (RM350) you have to look ------> both ways <--------

Dave

PS: Yes,
M500 (RM400) is a 5 bolt, 19.5" rim and
M300 (RM300) / M400 (RM350) is a 8 bolt 17.5" rim
Pre-73 M375 used 5 bolt 17" split rims
Early M300 used 8 bolt 16" split rims
Don't remember specs for the rest of the top of me head.
Also, M300 (RM300) uses single piston front brake calipers and the M400 (RM350) / M500 (RM400) uses dual piston front brake calipers.
[move][/move]

joev

Thanks Dave for clearing that up Trying to buy brake parts here in Ottawa area nightmare nobody stocks the parts and they all look at you like your from outer space even when you give the part #s they still cant find them

joev

I believe this is what your looking for

check the specs you have to look under M500 1978

DaveVA78Chieftain

Old Man Powell,
You rear brakes are like this:
Bendix Twinplex Brake Systems

My question though is what exactly are you looking for?
Dave
[move][/move]

Old Man Powell

I was just browsing different options for brake parts. I noticed "their" info for the RM400 chassis did not match what was reality. They show a RM400 and M500 chassis as needing only one wheel cylinder per rear assembly. Also, the info showed an 8 lug rotor and drum for the RM400/M500 which I thought only came with the 5 lug. That's all. Wasn't trying to add to the confusion or anything. They might be a good source for parts but I have some hesitation as to the "accuracy" of their knowledge of these chassis.

joev

That's what i have been running into here nobody knows whats what, you have to do some digging to find what you want, and check the specs on all parts just to find out your cant get them here lol  seems like available in USA but not here tried to get brake rotors here and they wanted almost $300 each special order no guarantee there the right ones you order and there yours.

DaveVA78Chieftain

I typically start with the Dodge P/N in the parts manual then x-ref that to the aftermarket P/N. 

M500 (RM400)
Assuming 15" x 4" Rear Wheel Drum Brakes

Component  Dodge  | Bendix  | NAPA  | CENTRIC  | RAYBESTOS| WAGNER
Front Brake Pad
         FMSI 7020A-D87
| 3744500| MKD87| TS 7020M or
  UP 7020M
| 102.00870| PGD87M| MX7020AR, MX87
  PD7020AR
Front Brake Caliper| | | | Left - 142.67010
| Right - 142.67009
| New
| Left - RC4041
| Right - RC4042
| Reman
| Left - FRC4041
| Right - FRC4042
|
Front Brake Rotor| | | | 120.67010| |
Rear Brake Shoe
        15" x 4" FMSI 2032-88
| 4026636| RAF88| | | | 88PG
Rear Wheel Cylinder  | | | | | |
With 1 3/8" Cup  | | | | | |
    Upper  | 3641892  | | | | |
    Lower| 3641893 | 33654 | 37279| 134.67011| WC37279| F113064
  With 1 1/2" Cup  | | | | | |
    Upper| 2954347| 33390 | 28661| | WC28661| F28661
    Lower| 2954348 | 33390 | 28661| | WC28661| F28661
Rear Wheel Hardware Kit  | N/A| H9223| | | H9223|

Note: Some of this is older information and may not be available from a given mfg.  However, google P/N to see if old stock can be located.
[move][/move]

joev

Hey Guys just went to the mail box and guess what brake pads and wheel cyclinders I ordered finial got here and also the  speedbleeder screws I ordered from speedbleeder came all the same day almost like Christmas and yes all parts are the correct ones   :)clap :)clap :)clap

DaveVA78Chieftain

Just curious.  Did you use the information I provided or something else.  Future readers will want to know.

Happy to hear it's coming together for you,
Dave
[move][/move]

joev

used the info you have to compare to the parts they were offering and matching up numbers crossreferencing got the correct parts . there parts were correct using there look up  CTECK front disc pads metallic part # 10200870
Wheel Cyl  part # 13468016 and 134681=015 Centric wheel Cyl  Speed Bleeder part # SB3824 are the same for the caliper and wheel cly  same bleeder screw. Your info you have is spot on thanks

pvoth1111

......Insider info...... Auto Atlanta used to be "THE" best place for Porsche 914 parts......and other Porsche parts.....( ive restored lots of Porsches) in the last few years they got into  other parts.....they are a tiny physical place.....they don't stock all that stuff....most likely they teamed up with Rockauto or some other mega warehouse.....I have a website too.....and know how this stuff works....if you think they gave ya a deal good for you....rock auto is the amazon of auto parts.....start there
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Stripe

I get all my Porsche parts from RenBay and Pelican Parts, Always treated me great and send cool goodies to me every now and again like Matchbox Porsches and Stickers..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Old Man Powell

Glad you got the parts and they are correct! Man, can't believe it takes so long for the parts to get to Canada. Then again, yes I can. That would drive me crazy with anticipation. Now the fun part, putting on all those new parts on! I gotta admit, once I finally tore into mine it was very, very easy. Well, the front was, didn't have to do the rear brakes... yet. Just be sure to check the wheel studs on the driver side of the rig. I'm are left handed. PO painted over the L on the studs... long story! Just don't be an idiot like me! It's little things like that that make these projects so interesting... but can also turn a quick repair into a frustrating knuckle bleeder!

Dave... I personally used all the info you provided. Huge, huge help! Can't thank you enough.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quote from: joev on April 16, 2014, 06:02 PM
used the info you have to compare to the parts they were offering and matching up numbers crossreferencing got the correct parts . there parts were correct using there look up  CTECK front disc pads metallic part # 10200870
Wheel Cyl  part # 13468016 and 134681=015 Centric wheel Cyl  Speed Bleeder part # SB3824 are the same for the caliper and wheel cly  same bleeder screw. Your info you have is spot on thanks

Finally took the time to see what you ordered.  You confused me at first as I thought you using the information in the M500 post for Old Man Powell above.  I see you actually have a M400 chassis which now makes your numbers make sense.    Glad you worked it all out.

Old Man Powell - Your welcome

Dave
[move][/move]

joev

some stuff you can get at the local Napa store no problem other stuff looks like you can only get it in the U S  i?? i?? and then you have to wait on it  Hm? Hm? and wait  Hm? and wait Hm?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Maybe TJ has some ideas on reducing the wait.

Dave
[move][/move]

Elandan2

Although I live very close to the border and can get to the NAPA in the US almost as fast as the one here, I have learned that you go on the NAPA online site (US, not Canada) and get their part number for a particular part that the Canadian supplier (even NAPA) tells you they don't have a listing for.  Once you have a part number, they seem to be able to locate the part easily.  Some of the parts suppliers in Canada don't even have listings that far back anymore.  Rick 
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck