Adults at play....

Started by flowerlover53, March 10, 2014, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flowerlover53

That is the theme for the re-hab of our 1974 Winnebago Brave.  I bought this looker from my cousin, who is a bit of a wheeler dealer.  Bought it on impulse.  She sat at a storage facility with a blue tarp over her until this spring (except for a couple of trips to music festivals and antique shows) when Tommy and I moved her onto our 2 acres by what used to be Lake Travis :( We were going to clean her up to sell and well....one thing led to another and now we are rehabing her.  We will probably get so attached we can't part with her.  This forum is an incredible resource.  Someone posted that there is no such thing as a little water damage.  No kidding!  We just tore out the AC unit because of leaking to discover some significant rot.  Windows leak and we are going to need to do some repair to and around them.  Looks like the key to keeping these beauties in good shape is a nice dry place to store them when they are not out on the road.  Check out our gallery for photos of what we have going so far.  All suggestions for help are welcome.  I am all about making her pretty.  Liked reading the threads about painting the exterior.  A pox on the PO who put tacky duck decals on the exterior that are nearly impossible to get off. And then don't get me started on the PO that taped paper over the interior windows.  A drimmel, Goof Off (no telling how many brain cells were sacrificed in that deal), scotch brite pads, and Windex plus two + days of work got the ancient adhesive off the stainless interior window frames. 
Hillary

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

The more you do, the more frustration you have, the more you bust your knuckle, cuss and throw tools because of her.. the more you love her!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

TripleJ

I looked at a Winnebago that was COVERED in small pastel colored flower and butterfly stickers. literally would have been a deal breaker even if it hadn't been completely rotten inside and out  ???
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

M & J

We wouldnt call Black Betty Black Betty if the PO hadnt painted her black.

Or if we hadnt called her Betty...
M & J