67 Lifetime - where is the dipstick for the oil?

Started by LittleLucy27, March 06, 2014, 10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleLucy27

67 Lifetime Town & Country where is the dipstick fur the oil? 

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LittleLucy27

Engine. The tranny was bone dry after sitting for 8 years :/
The engine is quiet and smooth but for the life of me I can not find the dipstick lol
Thank you so much :) !

Stripe

If this is setup like my old 77 Coachmen was, if that front grill comes off, look for it behind there..
Mine had a tube that was was made to go from the front of the RV just behind grill, all the way to the engine..  I swear that dipstick musta been 4 feet long.. Hm?
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

JDxeper

Dip stick  Number 6750  I assume it is a Ford, inline 6, 300CID.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

DaveVA78Chieftain

Gee JD, ya could have added left side (drivers side) between the fuel pump and oil filter.  :)
[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,

JDxeper

Froggy1936

It,s possible the stick is missing !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LittleLucy27

I have not found it nor the void where it goes, lol. Thank you for your help. I will crawl underneath if it ever stops raining. (It's parked on the ground) I'm not finding much info on this rig. It appears to have three gas tanks??
The PO had it running on an electric fuel pump and gas can in the cab. It did the job except I had to reposition it when it ran dry on dead man's curve when I was driving it home. YIPES!! HAHA but it's a runner. Starts right up ;)

LJ-TJ

Have you tried looking up lifetime premer motorhome on the internet. There's a fellow out there that owns quite a few of them that might be able to help you out.

Stripe

I'm in Seattle, would you like some help???  I have rain gear and I ain't afraid ta use it!
Fredric,

LittleLucy27

That's a kind offer Mr. Fredric. I may have to take you up on that, only not just yet. I have been putzing around with the interior (cleaning etc..) and have no funds to invest at the moment for such things as the missing dipstick, lol. Thank you so much. I do believe I found the hole where it goes ? :/ I will post pics tomorrow.

Stripe

Groovy.  If you need any interior stuff, let me know. I may have some extra things layin' about you can have...

If anything, hell we can do a meet n greet and put some pics up.  Plus you would officially be the first member I met from this site.. :D
Fredric,

JDxeper

I have a Parts 300 cid inline 6 Ford motor and it has the dip stick and the tube. If you want it PM your address and I will send it to you.  Providing you find the hole for it. LOL I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

I call this my instructional motor. I use this one before the one in the Winne. I can see all the stuff! Maybe LOL

LittleLucy27

JDxeper, that's so wonderfully, fantabulously awesome!! I'll PM you and I will try to post a pic of the "hole" I believe to be the one for the dipstick. I further believe the PO removed the mechanical fuel pump and capped it off. :^/
I used to turn my own wrenches all the time but I have a serially bad neck now and am sooooooooo frustrated that I am unable to git er dun. I tried to post the pic here but it was to large so I put one in the gallery. Thanks again. You bids are awesome!!

[smg id=6320]

LittleLucy27

Ok, I put some pics in the gallery. I think they are public now. I found a dipstick in the rear hatch. It seems short maybe but, ? Also I think I located the hole for the dipstick. Pics are in the gallery, if anyone would be so kind as to take a gander an offer up thoughts, I would be very grateful. Thank you so much for your help. This is a nice board. I've been on some that are a Lil impatient :/

[smg id=6318]

JDxeper

That looks like the oil dipstick and tube. See the above picture.  The entrance hole should be straight down between the distributor and the fuel filter

LittleLucy27

Ah, cool. Thank you ! Wonder why it would be in the rear  hatch?  Did you happen to see the hole I was referring to? :) the one that appears to have COTTON in it :/ thinkthat's where it goes?

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

JDxeper

I believe your version has the dipstick hole in front of the dizzy.   Yes I saw the pic.  Best I can tell that should be it.
I'll see if I can get a better picture of where the tube enters the motor.
There are two versions of the dipstick , one that goes through the block. two enters via the pan near the rear of the pan.  I believe yours is the one that enters via the block just in front of the dizzy.  the block hole may or may not be threaded.  It appears to be the none threaded type looking at your tube.  below is a pic where the tube enters the block.
The bottom pic shows the in pan type dip stick near the rear of the pan.  I have the pan and tube but on dipstick.
If you look close in front of the oil filter is the port for the in block dipstick.  It is plugged

legomybago

If he cant find the hole....then it may need a differant oil pan. Ford had some years of dip sticks entering from the side of the oil pan...Not sure if they ever did this on the inline sixes or not???   ???
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

JDxeper

Stripe

Fredric,

LittleLucy27

Hi Thank you so so much! To tell the truth I haven't been able to get to it. I'm gonna go after it tomorrow, thanks to your picture!! :) I wish I could find more info on this thing.
Thanks again for y'al's help. I'm sure I'll be asking more quartos :)