a question about discover passes

Started by TheSportsmanDodger, March 04, 2014, 11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsmanDodger

Discover passes permit you to park on state park facilities correct?

If this is the case then why would anyone have any complaints on a rv that is not occupied, has good tabs and a new discover pass. I am just working with in the legal law it is important that I solve these issues asap.

Stripe

Each park has their own rules. Not all parks are equal.  What exactly is happening? Have you been towed? 
I know a lot of parks if not most of them have a limit on how long you can stay.
Here is a link to Frequently Asked Questions, http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/faq/ ...
Hopefully this can answer some of your questions.  Which park are/were you parked at?
I know that most parks do not allow work to be done on vehicles unless it's an emergency or something like changing a flat tire.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteFrom April 1 through September 30, the maximum length of stay in any one park is 10 days. From October 1 through March 31, the maximum stay is 20 days.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/179/Rules-Regulations

I read the Washington State Parks regulation to read: The discovery pass is nothing more than a vehicle pass to access park land.  It does not govern length of stay.  The Parks regulations govern length of stay.

Dave
[move][/move]

Stripe

Yes, DP's are for day use areas. You cannot remain parked for extended lengths of time in a day use parking lot.

If you pay to camp at a park a pass is not required unless it's on Department of Natural Resources or DNR land. 

For instance, I stayed at Waddell Creek campgrounds in the Olympic National forrest last year, it's free to stay, but requires a Dpass and has a stay limit of ten days. And for DNR land, that's ten days a YEAR not per visit in the free campgrounds.

Commercially run campground and RV parks all have their own rules.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28