What's your RV Size?

Started by Stripe, March 03, 2014, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

I know some of you have multiple RVs so I guess vote for the one you use most?
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Stripe

wow, two over 33'?

I should have added a choice for "Dreadnaught"...
Fredric,

Oz

In the poll settings, it allows you to choose how many times someone can vote.  It was set at one.  I re-set it to 10.

However many you own(ed), you can enter the size of each of them!

But I don't know if that's really pertininet if the question is "which one you use most?"    Hm?

I had 2 I used a lot.  I only owned both at the same time for a short time.  So, would I put in the size of each one since each one was the one I used most when I had each one?

???

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Wasn't sure if it worked that way.  At least this way if someone has more than one, they can vote for each and none will be left out or get jealous of the other RVs..
Fredric,

Oz

LOL!  Well... I voted once and wanted to vote for the other RV but I don't see another "vote" button so I guess the effort was mute.  Unless it works for people AFTER I changed it...

i??
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

That's a rather personal question... :-[

:)rotflmao

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Fredric,

TripleJ

Is it possible to be too big?
W%

:D I considered this when I was considering what I would be doing with an rv before I picked one.  I came up with mainly state parks and state forests within michigan... and hopefully being able to go across country if I can get all the bugs worked out.
At first I thought under 25' would be best, but my last camper was a big Wolverine slide-in on the back of a crew cab long bed F350. The truck alone is almost 22', plus the camper was 3 feet off the back, PLUS the bike rack onthe front, which was at least 2 feet...  That rig was probably 27 feet long. We really didnt have problems with parking lots or driveways.

So we decided on 30' or less, and bought 28.  Do you think theres places I wont be able to go that a sub 25' unit would have been better?

The only place I can think of is some road on Sequoia National Park in California that had signs saying 'only RVs 25 feet or less"...
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

legomybago

QuoteThe only place I can think of is some road on Sequoia National Park in California that had signs saying 'only RVs 25 feet or less"...

As long as you stay off that road...you will be good!!

I think State Parks have a 38' max length or something, I knew a guy who purchased a fancy 40' diesel, him and his wife set out for touring the west coast...and couldnt visit have of the destinations on there journey!! They were bummed about buying a 40'r!!
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

TripleJ

'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Stripe

Quote from: TripleJ on March 07, 2014, 01:15 PM
Is it possible to be too big?

Hehe nope. 

Mine BTW is also a 28'r and I like the fact I can drive into almost any space.  Here are a few pics of the 'Aluminum Goose' in our driveway..

The 70's VW bus is behind it..

Great cover for the Bus BTW..

A side shot w/ 'Old Glory' in the breeze.

there was a breeze I swear and the flag WAS waving when I took this.

A front view.

As you can see it's a small squeeze that I had to back into.

You can see we don't TECHNICALLY have a driveway. We have to share an access.

This is essentially looking in the direction of the angle I had to start with when backing in, then gave it a good sharp left wheel steer to bring her nose around to starboard..  You can also see where I had gotten the right front wheel into the grass. Twice. I pulled out and in twice to tow my Rover due to it's crankshaft position sensor failure.

Yeah, it get's into tight spots. And just as easily gets out of 'em.  Just like me..  :D
Fredric,

M & J

Wow, thats much worse than where I park Betty. But I'm also pushing a 16' trailer back with her.

And BTW, those images are MUCH clearer than the ones I got from NSA. ;).
M & J

Stripe

Hehe, well, it's not a Nokia 1 million Pixel Camera phone but t works.
Careful the NSA doesn't catch on and starts charging you usage fees..  :)rotflmao
Fredric,

Stripe

Fredric,