Are city water ports standardized?

Started by Weblamer, February 17, 2014, 08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weblamer

The port on my minnie is stripped and cannot get a hose to attach.

They seem to sell them cheap on ebay, and it looks like it would fit, but I wanted to know if these ports were standardized sizes so I don't end up with something too small.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200928826107?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

tiinytina

yes ports are standardized to "hose thread"....  not sure if you can unbolt that from your rig and simply just replace the female connector....
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Weblamer

Yeah, I meant unscrewing the whole round port and taking it out.

Not sure if some things on winnies are standardized or if they change every year.

JDxeper

Make sure you get one with a check valve so when you use the onboard water pump it does not come out the city fill,  .  If you take the screw loose from the outside you may be able to unscrew the fitting or it may be accessible from the inside.  They are standard, unless a PO has been there before. 
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Froggy1936

Yes they are all standard water hose size And you can unbolt or drill out rivits To remove fitting . There is a hose clamp on the other side . Have replaced mine just to get a new plug for when not hooked up they are cheap ! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Weblamer

Great. Thanks folks, should be an easy fix then.

OTRinCA

I'm hoping to get feedback about replacing the city water inlet. I searched for the part on Camping World and only one item came up (for 1989 Winnebago Warrior; Camco #37023) but when I received the part and started to make the repair, the part's male fitting seems incorrect. I think I need one with female fitting. (mine doesn't have a hose clamp as mentioned by earlier poster). Everything is working correctly with my current inlet except aesthetically it has rust marks on the outside 'dish' ... maybe I should just try to repair with primer and paint and forget about replacing the entire inlet unit? Thank you for any assistance!

joanfenn

Rustoleum paint comes to mind.  Much easier than replacing it. :)clap

OTRinCA

Thank you joanfenn ... sounds good to me!

joanfenn

Silas

I thinkyou can unbolt that from your rig and simply just replace the female connector....

Rickf1985

What he said above.

I thinkyou can unbolt that from your rig and simply just replace the female connector....

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore