direct replacement for 1972 Winnebago Chieftain roof AC?

Started by outdoorsguy36, October 06, 2018, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsguy36

I have a D24C winnebago cheiftain on a dodge chassis 413 engine that has a 30amp shore power plug and a single roof Duo-Therm AC unit. I'm trying to find out what type of roof AC I need to buy to replace this one. This one just has controls for AC and air no heat, I have seen a lot of diffrent models and I just want to make sure I get the right BTU and that it fits in the opening,

outdoorsguy36

Here is a picture of it, I have the shroud but the fan motor burned up and its low on R22 so rather than fixing it I'm just going to replace it

Froggy1936

Here is what i looked up to replace my Roof AC  Dont forget a new gasket .   Duo Therm Brisk 2  $ 434.00  Shipping $ $69.00    $503.00  (shipping may vary )               BTU  3500  72 LB   B59516      Optional heater available !   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

yellowrecve

The interior housing, venting may be sold separate from the the outside roof unit  Some are for ducted air, others for straight discharge. Confirm what you are getting.
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.

Froggy1936

A yes , The recommended one i listed is for a Trailer w Ducted Air As i used a unit from a trailer and designed my own lower unit  Last time  ! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.