New Member with '72 Dodge Lifeline

Started by Mental72, April 09, 2014, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mental72

Hello Everyone! I've been lurking as a guest for a while getting information on my RV, and now that it's parked out back I decided to become a member. :) I have a '72 Dodge Lifeline or Life 20X8, or that's what it says on the title. The closest thing I've seen to it is a '72 Winnie Brave, it's got the basic shape and uses the same M-300 chassis, but there's slight differences, like the windshield is bigger on mine, and neither of the 2 20' Winne floorplans are like mine. I'm slowly rebuilding her, she's got issues but she's in really good shape. I bought it from the original owners (the wife decided she liked pink, so she painted it, with housepaint.....). I just got back from hooking a battery to the generator, and the Onan started up a few times, but wouldn't stay running. I'm still pretty happy it got that far! Later on I'm planning to add solar and all sorts of fun stuff, but this is the beginning. Wanted to thank all of you for posting and giving out information, it's been a HUGE help so far.
Don't mess with Iowa farmboys....we're a special breed.

legomybago

Whats wrong with pink house paint... :P lol
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Mental72

Well, nobody misses it when she's driving down the road, that's for sure. ;)

LJ-TJ

Well welcome aboard. We are looking forward your future posts. You got a problem with Pink. i?? :)rotflmao

Oz

Is that "lifeline" or "Life Time"?  It definitely looks like a Life Time.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mental72

It might be a Life Time. I haven't heard of that. The original owners called it a Dodge Life, and the title says it's a Lifeline. I've done some digging and I haven't seen another like it and was wondering what it was.

Stripe

That looks a lot like a Beechwood...

"Pink Panther"
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Mental72

That's why I became a member here! You guys are awesome, in just a day or so I have new leads on what this could be. I'm pretty darn good at digging up stuff, I'm OCD with it, and I can't find anything on this motor home. The '72 Winnie Braves that are 20' both have the bathroom right behind the driver's seat, and mine is way in the back corner. I think the door is further back on mine too.

I love the 'Pink Panther' moniker....lol. I've thrown the picture into photoshop trying out different colors though. By the door you can see what the original paint looked like, kind of a cream with a green stripe.

I'm leaning towards shades of grey for the inside and out, I had an apartment when I was younger that I did with that color and it was nice because you could just switch accent colors and have a new set up.

On the upside, one of my neighbors has an older sewing machine I'm going to buy, not some new plastic piece of junk, but old metal, the kind I learned to sew on.

Oz

If the title says Lifeline, I would say it's definitely a Life Time.  I'm pretty familiar with this brand and it has all the tell-tale features.  It's a Dodge and that's what's the most important thing to know.  You're in land of RV Gurus with all the help you need - technical and cheerleaders too (You'll have to expand your visual concept of cheerleaders...).  Everything else about the RV is, for the most part, universal across all brands.

Your in good hands with CWVRV!   :)clap

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

legomybago

It's hard to believe how many differant RV's were built in the 70's....It was the "thing" to do I guess...that and Ludes W%
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Stripe

FIRECRACKER FIRECRACKER SISSS BOOM BAHHH!!

WE CAN DO IT!!  RAH RAH RAH!!!

Good Find Dave!
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

Mental72

I tried to drink that picture out of my head, now every time I see a cheerleader, that visual's gonna pop up....

Oz

Had no idea what you were getting yourself into, did you?

:D

Elandan2

My parents had the same model motorhome.  It was a Canadian model, 1972 Citation     Hi-Liner.  They were owned by Boise Cascade at the time, the same as Lifetime in the U.S.  The factory was in Hensall ON.  I remember going by there once, not much more than a barn where they built them there.  The motorhome was on a Chev chassis.  Had a lot of memorable trips in that one when I was a kid.  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck