Started by tiinytina, January 23, 2014, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xerofall

My favorite;

"It works perfectly, although I never turned it on."

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mr. T

I am starting a list of things to tell the new owner, should I sell my rig.  I'll start with the windshield.  " Listen here, pardner, the windshield only leaks in a very hard rain.  Light showers, she stays dry as a new pamper.  Look me in the eyes, pardner, I would never steer you wrong.  Speaking of steering, she'll go straight if you............

Don T.  ( P.O. in training )

legomybago

Im with you Mr. T....

"I know the tires date codes are 12 years old, but hey,they were in a dark storage place 9 of those years, so really partner, there only 3 years old!" W%

"Your never going to find a cleaner, well maintained unit as this one partner".

"After you fix the rear main seal leak, and replace all the brake lines, fix the furnace and the reefer, you will be good to go". "Whats that you say partner?" "The last time I drove it was six years ago", "all it needs right now is for you to buy a BATTERY, and it will fire right up". "Do you want to buy it partner?" :P

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Jerry

Me and the wife decided to get a motor home, after searching the net I remembered seeing one in town for sale so went and looked at it done a little research on it and looked at it a few more times. Every time I talked to the seller he told me how great it was and just about everything I asked about he said it worked so we bought it! Looking back I should have done my inspections with it plugged in because the great refrigerator only works on propane, the front ac kicks the breaker after about 30 minutes and the converter was shot! the water system was drained and winterized but when I hooked the hose to it water was running in the floor, after fixing a busted line I started looking at the plumbing closer and it had no antifreeze in it thankfully it was just minor repairs! The seller talked about the spray insulation on the holding tanks which I thought ok may help in the winter but our second trip the grey tank was leaking after scraping off the insulation I discovered a 14 inch crack welded it and so far it is holding. Went to the station to fill up with gas got home and could smell gas noticed it was running from top of the tank and the gas gauge only shows 1/4 tank now I have to drop the tank and fix both these. The kitchen roof exhaust vent after an hour will shut off so it is being replaced. second trip the fuel pump went out and on the way home a header gasket blew out and this engine supposedly only has 500 miles on it and has paper work showing the new engine install. There has been several other small things.
If your going to buy one of these classics hook the thing up to power and water to test everything, this is my second one so I thought I new what to look for and have been very surprised at all the problems I did not notice.
Jerry

Lahti35

I haven't bought one yet but I'm getting the royal treatment on the phone...

"Runs great, but we changed our plans" = come get this money pit outta here!

"They drove it in here, we're loosing money on it already... oh, it doesn't run sold as is" = We've lost our shirt on it, please pay for our mistake!

Oz

:)rotflmao   That's like baiting your fish hook with a shoe...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Lahti35

Quote from: Oz on July 06, 2016, 09:16 PM
:)rotflmao   That's like baiting your fish hook with a shoe...

New one today: "It's good on gas."   :)clap

Shawn62

After a long interview.  PO stated that he: 
Never tried the A/C.  He hates A/C.
Never tried the stove.  doesn't cook.
Never tried the refrigerator. Used a cooler.
Never tried the furnace.  Used an electric space heater.
Never tried the water heater. Showered at campground.
Never tried the plumbing.  See above
Never tried the propane system. Propane scares him
Never tried the generator.  His PO told him it was broken
Did not have or ever have a title but if I paid him he could get me one.

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Shawn62

PO advertised the Class A as a 30 footer.  Turns out it is a 28 footer.   

tiinytina

Interior in fair shape ="water leaks never fixed, some rot in the floors, some appliance probably don't work"
Still laughing as much today as when I started this thread a few years back LOLOL...
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!