Winter fun! The P.O.'s best last words

Started by tiinytina, January 23, 2014, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiinytina

Let the PO (Previous Owner) games begin! Time for some Winter Time humor to fill the day...

1. It got 8-10 MPG every time we used it... (thats what the PO told us who we got it from)
2. it worked FINE last time I plugged it in (last time was 15 yrs ago)
3. AC runs Ice cold ( in the middle of winter)
4. I patched all the roof leaks I could find (I found 1 of 5.. good luck with that)
5. All the generator needs is a tune up and it will run great (I did all I could and it still doesn't run)
6. My friend who is an electrician helped me rewire things (after drinking a case of beer or 3...)
7. tires in great shape lots of tread left (just don't look at the dry rot on the insides)
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

legomybago

The only thing wrong with it is it has a rock chip in the windshield....

wrong!!!

converter dont work
furnace dont work
engine exhaust leaks
roof vents are broke
radiator leaks
belts are shot
front end alignment out of wack
propane tank leaks
large hole in the floor under the bed
city water backflow check valve leaks
engine and genny needs complete tune up
gets 6.5 mpg pulling the car, not 8
Dash AC doesnt work
Couch needs rebuilt
Oh and yes, the windshield was cracked....

True story on our 1986 P30
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

ClydesdaleKevin

"and its got a brand new fridge!"

Yep...a brand new Avanti fridge from Home Depot...lol!  That was the first thing we replaced when we bought this coach.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

tiinytina

I drained the water system and put in antifreeze every winter...

M & J

Those stains on the ceiling are from an old leak.
M & J

Froggy1936

We use it every summer for long trips with the kids The only thing i know of wrong with it is the tranny leak (wich they could not hide due to the large stain on the driveway)       I had to repair the large hole in the roof before i could even road test it / The cracked hot water tank & the warped rotors were just a few of the $3000.00 needed to get roadworthy Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

HandyDan

"Put on a new set of tires and you could drive this baby anywhere!"  Couldn't even get it to the tire shop before it died. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Oz

"It just needs a little TLC."  A hundred some hours later and a couple thousand dollars... yeah, THEN it only needed a little TLC.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

joev

the tree that fell only broke the window didnt touch the roof
not sure what the hole in the roof above the window came from when i looked at it  lol

DonD

Handy: Had a tire separate ON THE WAY to the tire shop to get new rubber.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

liquidwrench63

Its in good shape for her age all I did was drive it  to the race track...He wasn't lieing

I had put on...new motor mounts,water pump, toilet,Headers,stabilizer shock,generator,

JDxeper

She is in good shape for her age.  MEANS She is on life support!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

cosmic

It was owned by a mechanic. :)rotflmao

DELTA912

"needs miner engine work". reality was it blow a rod.
Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

tiinytina

The fridge works fine just takes "a while"  to chill down - yea like 4 days.....

Shalydra

The Fridge looks ugly but works flawlessly. (it's an icebox with half the interior covered in duct tape)

DELTA912

I rebuilt the engine for the PO "YEARS AGO".Put new cam, rods, pistons, rings, bearings,bla bla bla Ran Great, when it ran. Has been sitting for 10+++++ years. Was used for weekend trips.

(Reality) The RV got an engine from a work truck, that was rebuilt 30+ years ago. wont smog, need it gone...

Part2

$1,200 for a small 1977 Toyota rv. I call to ask about parting it, reply is buy it for $1,000 and YOU part it out.
Then asked me what I was looking for,-ME- I tell him the stove as is, reply what are you looking to pay?,-ME- $100 - $150 as is untested. Reply If I hook it up and test it and it "WORKS" I want $400. -ME- Yea keep drugger dreamin. --Click--
Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

tiinytina

It will pass inspection no problem....

circleD

Somebody needs to make a song out of these post to sing at a campfire!!  :)rotflmao because its so true!

circleD

And you know that if you sang it loud enough people would come over and tell you there stories and have a part 2 to sing :)

TerryH

Sung to the tune of "Davey Crockett:

Born from desires of you and me
Climbed her first hill doing 43
PO gave up and she was sold
I snapped her up cause the fridge was cold

Winny, Winny Bago
Roamer in the wild frontier
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Neil Carrick

" That 6 digit number in orange writing on the side and back window?  No, it didn't come from auction..  just some kids messing around one weekend" 
Its been a great motor home, hate to see it go actually

( he shoulda took the time to remove it, as it cost him some negotiating on the price)
Neil and Shelley

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mr. T

The P.O. says, " I took the a/c belt off to gain a little extra mpg."

Week later I find the shredded belt under the front seat.  A/C clutch frozen.

Don T.

circleD

How about the song go to the tune of the Bill Engval song "Here's your sign" but call it " Here's the signs"  :)rotflmao .

Another one I've been told is, " Why change the fluids? It hasn't been started in 2 years so the oil and plugs are still brand new." I changed the oil and plugs but neither one looked new. DUH!