travel canada

Started by joev, November 30, 2013, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joev

Hi everybody my wife and I are going to take are Winniebago across Canada this summer leaving from Ottawa going west  any suggestions on where to go and things to see are welcome suggestions  we are leaving 3rd week of June and want to be back by end of July. We want to start planning a route now possible come back US side

cosmic

I have done that trip several times as a child. and young teenager. The view on the Canadian side is absolutely breath taking. It takes longer through Canada, and will cost you a hell of a lot more in fuel. But it is awesome. I lived in Kelowna BC. for several years, and what can I say. BC is Gods county. If you get out there try to go to the Okanagan valley. Its a great place to stay a while.  I did and that little while lasted 3 years. lol

You can fuel up in Sault ste marie just over the boarder try to buy up as much fuel as you can carry.
The way back is faster straighter and cheaper.

My family and I are going the opposite direction as you this summer.  except taking state side into Maine, as its somewhere I have always wanted to see. Then up into New Brunswick and home to Ontario through Canada.

Sound like you have time on your side so enjoy and safe travels.

joev

we have done the going east several times since Catherine is from PEI and she still has family there  2 years ago we came home states side though Maine , New Hampshire ,Vermont and New York great time camping along the way  ad sites to see

LJ-TJ

I like those before me can say you are about to embark on one if not the greatest adventure of your life. Canada is huge and magnificent. I was to Calgary in time for the Stamped, Victoria for the Sea Festival and back to Saskatchewan for the Klondike days. Man you'll never regret doing the trip. Worth every penny no matter what it cost. :)clap