Repaint 77 Mini Winnie

Started by Froggy1936, August 28, 2013, 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

>GRIN< Hey Frank, she looks good. That was one hell of a project and I don't think 70's got anything to do with it. Looks great. Love the back up light on the top left corner. Well done Mate. :)clap

Froggy1936

The light looks familular eh ?  I pur 2 of them and have 1 for sale if anyone needs one ($20.00) I use it for loading the boat onto the trailer at night, i have it hooked up to the backup camera .  It is a 12 V sealed beam with fixture for mounting .  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

jphoenix

Are those vortex generators on the aft corners?

Froggy1936

Yes there called Air Tabs You can look them up @ www.airtab.com  I purchased them from an outlaw  operation and they came without any instructions. when i was installing them (backwards) i saw the address When i contacted them they sent me the instructions . i let them know i had installed them backwards & they stated they had tested them both ways and they were 75% efficent the way i installed them (with glue and a screw in ea) So i cannot change them They said it was very common to install them backwards  Before they started incl instructions with ea shipment . On MPG road tests i showed a 1 1/2 mile per gallon increase  over the same road that i had traveled many times Since then i have installed Fuel Injection & a 4 speed w OD trans But have not been able to make a good MPG run yet  5.7 1995 Chev eng veh weighs 11200 lb run tires @ 70 PSI W 410 Diff Frank

cosmic

Job well done Frank. Are you putting stripes on or staying white?

Stripe

WOW! It looks Brand New!

That is sweet work Frank!
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Froggy1936

Definatly no original stripes !! After i get back home and do some polishing of dry spots and get some second opinions on decals i may decorate it some I made a stencil of the minnie winnie signs and will see about a decal of those Frank

maxximuss

That repaint looks great, it inspires me to want to update the faded look I have on my rig!