I just picked up this cutie last time home

Started by johnnytugs1, August 10, 2013, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnytugs1

!984 26' Fleetwood Terry, really nice shape. no leaks.... well until I turned the water on. fixed the cracked waterline (gotta love them new fangled connectors that just slide over the water line once you cut it cleanly). The P.O. must of jack knifed it cause there was a dent in the fwd area and the interior wall was slightly damaged. When I return home i'll get some more pics and maybe someone can tell me the best way to fix it. The P.O. was towing it with a bus but when he wanted to tow it with his Denali it towed horribly. So he hated it and I picked her up and brought her home.......I could only tow it up to 32 mph and no faster. I believe that it was wired for the bus and when he plugged it into the Denali as when I plugged it to my truck the electric brake wires must have been crossed. she free wheeled fine when not plugged in. Another thing I found out about my truck was after owning it for 11 years I guess it has a built in electric breaking system with the tow pkg. it's not adjustable but it's there somewhere. Here is a pic of the exterior.
1977 itasca class "C"
under construction

maxximuss

Stripe

And Anti-Gremlin paper (AKA Cash)  :D

Looks nice and clean though..  Good Find!
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Lefty

We owned an '85 26' Terry Taurus (built by Fleetwood) for several years. We enjoyed it a lot and towed it many, many miles. It was a good camper.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

johnnytugs1

Thank you Maxxi, I apologize I never was notified that I had replies,
Labbie1 I happen to have a little of both.
Coachmanm, Thanks it is very clean Anti gremlin paper is more like fly (away) paper :) it never "sticks" around long enough.
Lefty do you know anything about the waste system? It seems my poopie tank is connected to my grey water tank is there an M.S.D. system in there where micro organisms eat the poop and break it down and drains into the grey tank?
Thanks again for the kind words,

JT
1977 itasca class "C"
under construction

joanfenn

Johnny, are you collecting these campers or are you actually going to get out camping in one?  I guess that they last longer if you don't use them :)rotflmao .  Take care guy, we will talk soon.  Joan

johnnytugs1

Haaaa Joan your beautiful. Well my buddy lost his home to Sandy and he is using the camper so i'm kinda glad I could help in that respect. He's gonna help me switch out the motor and trans from the one I parted out to the Itasca, when ever I get the time and some extra cash......is there such a thing??? I'm getting closer though, I'm pretty sure once I split the 8 cords of wood awaiting me in my backyard I will have some time to pull the motor & trans and get'm ready for their new home.
My best to you always,
JT 
1977 itasca class "C"
under construction

Lefty

Our Terry Taurus had the typical tank set-up. One 30gal. fresh water holding tank, one 30gal grey water tank, and one 25gal black water tank. The grey water and blackwater drained into a single sewer connector, but had separate shut off valves.

I don't know anything about the macerator systems, having never owned an RV that was equipped with one... sorry
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

johnnytugs1

Thanks Lefty, I'm on the water still so i'll take a better look when I get home. I'm just going by what my buddy tells me. he said the grey water tank when he drained it to the bucket smelt really bad.
Thanks,
JT

1977 itasca class "C"
under construction

JDxeper

Grey water sometimes has more odder than the black.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)