1985 p30 fuel pump (electric) where is it?

Started by PA85, August 06, 2013, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupp318

Thanks Dave,
I was being a bit dense. 1/16" Interference fit gives me 1/4" & 5/16" hoses coming off the top of the tank, with as you say 5/8" for the Vent & 1 3/4" for the filler hose.  The 1 3/4" is becoming difficult to get over here as it would seem that the manufacturers are making 1 1/2" & 2".  I don't know how long the P30 Chassis was made for but I think it would be wise for anyone who hasn't replaced these hoses yet to consider getting them replaced over the winter.  I was lucky in that I had LPG to fall back on.  When it started leaking I switched over to Petrol & put my foot down to burn what was left in the tank as quickly as possible (which didn't take long!!!).

DaveVA78Chieftain

Chevy produced the P30 chassis from 1974 to 1999 so that is a lot of P30's!  :)   Workhorse purchased the P30 line and continued the P30 for a couple of years beyond that until they started the W20/W22 series.  Sadly, Workhorse (now owned by Navistar) dropped producing a gas chassis a couple of years ago when GM stopped producing the 8.1L truck engine.  For new RV's, the Ford F-53 is about the only Class A gas chassis left in the market.

Dave
[move][/move]