1971 D-20 Winne Wiring Diagram in reference to Lights not similar to actual.

Started by James E Vining, July 28, 2013, 12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E Vining

I am having 1 issue when it comes to my Re-figuring wiring on the Lights. according to every Wiring Diagram I have looked at for 1970-1973 ish I have found that they only show the headlight switch not anything to do with the panel Switch and I got the wiring on the Light switch correct, Ie The first click is park, dash,clearance etc. lights next click is headlights, The problem comes with the Panel light switch in first position or off when headlight switch is in first position the panel lights are Dim, next position the panel lights are bright, but the final position the panel lights go dim again and I have found that when the panel switch is in it's 3rd position (all the way Up) the running lights all come on (even though headlight switch is Off) is it supposed to be that way or did someone get some wires mixed up somewhere??
Since I cannot find a Diagram that shows the Panel light switch I have no Idea what wires are supposed to be connected to it exactly.

Tumbleweed

Did you ever find a diagram for the switches on the dash? I am doing some re-wiring on my 73 and am in the same pinch. No wiring diagram for the switches and I seriously doubt Winnebago used scotch locks in 73.
It's Never Done.

If It's Done Sell It And Buy Another.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Out side of showing the light switch I don't think I've ever seen a electrical diagram showing how the switches were hooked up.

Tumbleweed

Called Winnebago the other day and talked to one of their service guys. He said Winnebago did not keep records of wiring diagrams in  73. I find that hard to believe. I think the guy just doesn't know how to operate the microfiche. Send Winnebago an email and see what response I get back then.
It's Never Done.

If It's Done Sell It And Buy Another.

JerryP

winnebago has been quick to answer the few emails i sent about my unit.

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

LJ-TJ

If you pull the light switch all the way out. Your head lights should come on. Your clearance lights should come on. Your dash lights should come on and if you rotate the light switch clockwise with the switch all the way out your dash lights should go brighter. If there already bright the turn your light switch counter clock wise and your dash lights should go dim to out. That's if I understood the question correctly. Hm?

Rickf1985

TJ, Are you sure you have that rotation correct? I am not familiar with the Dodge motorhomes but most headlight switches go the other way with a click at far left (counterclockwise) rotation that would normally turn on interior lights in a car.

LJ-TJ

Yep! Ok, not sure but the idea was to get him pull the knob all the way out and then to turn the knob with the light switch pulled all the way open. Your right about the click. I figured if he pulled it and tried to turn it clock wise and it didn't turn he'd automatically turn it the opposite way. D:oH!