Front coil springs with Air Helper Bags inside

Started by Stripe, July 08, 2013, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Okay, so the front coils ( Autozone Part Number: FCS6560S, Constant Rate, US $79.99) with the Air Helper Bags in @ 60 psi ea, performed with flying colors! :) :)ThmbUp
On our way to Dashpoint State park in Washington State, the front end stayed very stable, aside from a loud "Pop!" from the right spring resettling into it's keyed position (I was pretty sure I had it in there, but I guess I was pretty close) and yes Dave, laundry will be getting done..  ;)

The Rigs handling was very responsive, no riding on ocean waves when encountering bumps and such and even speed bumps were barely noticeable when pulling through the campgrounds.  It also seems like it get's up to speed a lot better now too, but I think that may be my imagination, lol.

She sits more level now and even the refrigerator door closes and seals properly now.

We may be going to Dashpoint this upcoming weekend, so like Kevin, I am going to see what 75 psi will do for the ride.  Will let you all know how that goes if it goes..

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Stripe

Sorry for the long delay on the 75psi report.. 

So, at 75 PSI the RV still rode smoothly.  I expected the bumps to be a bit harder but that wasn't the case. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca