Mor/Ryde Tag Axle company is AWESOME!!!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, July 01, 2013, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Mor/Ryde is AWESOME!!!

Holy crap!  The mechanics were on staff already when we woke up.  When we got here, there was a nice service campground waiting for us, complete with power and even cable hookups!

Here we are at Mor/Ryde, a state of the art facility in Elkhart, IN!

Okay, that is out of the way.  Now for what they did for us...customer service WAY above and beyond what most companies do nowadays...

We arrived yesterday, and went to sleep...and in the morning the mechanics had already evaluated what was wrong with the RV.  Apparently, they sent us the wrong shear springs.  On paper the new design was okay, but in practice it sucks on motorhomes.  They went back to the old design, and installed it on our rig.  800 bucks worth of new heavy duty shear springs, on the house and "under warranty!"  AWESOME!!!

Since we run close to maximum gross vehicle weight, they installed them at the highest setting.  We still had to pay the labor for installing them, since we were going to have it raised anyways, and it came out to a whopping 316.00 bucks!

Here are two pics, before and after, of what the springs I put in compared to the new ones look like:

Flimsy versus:

And you would not believe the height difference...almost 10 inches!!! 

Here is what we looked like before, sweeping the highway:

Note the difference, and how I had to remove the Blue Ox riser...both the hitch and the brackets on the Jeep now sit at 20.5 inches!

I'm going to have to get something neat to cover the cutout in the bumper where the riser recessed. 

And they gave us free t shirts and another night of free camping.

Best customer service EVER!!!

They went way above and beyond the call of duty.  Mor/Ryde is awesome!

If you are thinking about doing it yourself, its doable, but the HARDEST job this amateur mechanic has EVER done.  You might want to consider driving up to their plant in Elkhart, IN for a very fair and reasonable hourly rate, and experience that cuts the hours down to something we can all swallow.

And if you ARE thinking about it yourself, especially if you are one of us 80s Holiday Rambler owners, the new part number for the new CORRECT springs is MO25-003.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Wantawinnie

Nice to hear the company took care of you. Wonder if the ride will be any different.

HandyDan

Once again, if people go to Elkhart, IA they are going to be highly disappointed.  LOL There isn't much in Elkhart, IA.  They need to go about 430 miles west of there. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Stripe

Nice, and Dan, lol, is it really that bad?  Try living in Rensselaer or Morocco, IN, lol..

oops, edited..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Dan!  I keep mixing up IA with IN... :)rotflmao   All edited now.

Wantawinnie, I'm guessing the ride is going to be a LOT better now.  Not only will the rear shocks have full travel instead of being almost fully compressed, the weight is now balanced and over the front wheels.  That should eliminate the float problem I was getting, especially in the high winds...and the mechanics said I shouldn't get the "porpoise" effect anymore...and I didn't even mention to them that I was getting that over wavy roads.

I'll let you all know how it rides after today's road trip.  We are headed east on I-80 today!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Mytdawg

My dad called IA "miles and miles of miles and miles".   Hm?

ClydesdaleKevin

The ride of the rig now is amazing!  There is no comparison. 

Wind and semi-truck air curtains barely push the rig now, float is down to barely noticeable, cornering is amazing now, and I keep finding myself having to back off of the gas pedal...I kept looking down at first thinking I was still driving 50-55, and was doing 65...lol! 

Thank you Mor/Ryde!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

I experimented with 75psi in the front air bags, and I like it!  It made the ride even better overall!  300 miles at 75psi, and I think I just found the ideal pressure for our weight and setup.  Sweet!

Kev

Oz

Oh boy... before, we had it out over cotton curtains, vinyl curtains, roll-up curtains, slide-around curtains, even plaid curtains, valances and swags...

Now I have to deal with "air curtains"?!

N:(

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ibdilbert01

I've kinda got a funny Mor/Ryde Story.

When I bought this last RV, it was winter time and up in Michigan.   We left at midnight (folks and I) to drive up and get it early AM.   Drove all through the night and I had went into work early the day before.  So you can imagine we were a bit tired.    We did our preliminary check, checked oil, tire pressure, glanced under it, got it running and hooked up the jeep and did the tow wring ect....     We got home 4am the next morning.     Rather than letting the RV sit in my driveway, we decided to get it to Mom and Dads driveway so we could all work on it at leisure time.    The issue is Mom and Dads driveway is steep and one look and we knew the bike/motorcycle rack that had been welded to the back of the RV would drag when trying to go up their hill.   

So that early AM we parked it at my place of employment, went home and crashed.   The next day we went back over to the RV to cut the bike rack off and I noticed it had air shock valves in the generator bay.   When we cut the bike rack off, we still were not sure the rear of the RV would drag.  I told Dad "Lets pump the shocks up, maybe they will hold air and gain us a few inches of height".   We put air to them, and they were bad.  Both dad and I crawled up under the rig, at the same time.  We both said, at EXACTLY the same time.....  "Where the heack are the springs?!?"  We both had a good chuckle, and then we learned what Mor/Ryde was......   
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ClydesdaleKevin

LMAO Dilbert!  Its an amazing system when everything is working right...but I too was wondering where the heck the leaf springs were when we bought this thing!

I think I forgot to mention in my above post that the mechanic looked at all the rubber seals and sleeves and bushing while he was under the RV, and gave her a clean bill of health.  He said we should be good to go on even the questionable looking bushings for several more years, since as long as they aren't torn or cracked they don't warrant replacement.  SWEET!

Kev