Penetrating Oils

Started by LJ-TJ, June 16, 2013, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

BG In-Force

An ion-activated penetrating oil which stops rust, and lubricates and frees rusted parts. It can also be used in assembly applications. When bonded to metal, it forms a protective coating and lubricating surface which is enhanced by other lubricants and corrosion inhibitors.

Part No. 4383
  Net Wt. 15.75 oz. (446 g)
  Volume 19.53 fl. oz. (578 mL)
  Net Wt. 3 oz. (85 g)
  Volume 3.69 fl. oz. (109 mL)

Just after many years of using this stuff on old rusty Winnebago parts, wanted to tell you guys to check this stuff out. It is one of the few that really does loosen old rusty parts. Here's a link to find out where to get it.

http://www.bgfindashop.com/locator/index.php

SoakedKarma

A study published by Machinist's Workshop magazine in their April 2007 issue looked at different penetrating oils to see which one did the best job of removing a rusted bolt by measuring the pounds of torque required to loosen the bolt once treated.
Penetrating oil ......... Average load
None ....................... 516 pounds
WD-40 .................... 238 pounds
PB Blaster ............... 214 pounds
Liquid Wrench ......... 127 pounds
Kano Kroil .............. 106 pounds
ATF-Acetone mix.......53 pounds

But than y'all could try Mouse Milk Penetrating Oil..

pvoth1111

I always liked Kroil the best....but I m gonna have to try AFT and Acetone....any idea on the mix???

Numbers are cool!
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Madathlon

I have always sworn by marvels mystery oil myself.
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

Zombago

I recently picked up a two pack of WD40 with their penetrant at HomeDepot. So far anything I have used the penetrant on has litterally freed right up right away with my hands. Although the only thing it didn't work on was my original pressure gauge manual fill spout for the water system, which after a little careful inspection appears to be JB welded on.  ;) Seems to be great stuff, and easy to find, but the cap that converts from big area to focus area with the long hose isn't designed very well.