Summer Vacation, 2013

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, June 10, 2013, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Got started too late yesterday, and then it was too hot to clean out the Jeep...so I'll do that this morning.  And that is pretty much it!  Just going to be a relaxing vacation day otherwise.

Before we leave I have some Jeep maintenance to do, like grease the fittings and check the fluids...we have a strange clicking sound coming from the transfer case at low speeds and coasting slowly, and have no idea why, since the fluid level is fine.  It was doing it since we got it last year, but seems to be a tiny bit louder.  I'm hoping its actually coming from the u-joint...or at least hoping the transfer case doesn't fail catastrophically.  Not sure how they work...might be a stretched drivechain?  I'm going to try the grease and fluids first...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Jeep is all cleaned out, and the foam seal is replaced on the Nature's Head toilet...all before it could get too hot outside.  Then it was just a lazy day of reading in the shade.

Probably more of the same today, although we have a veterinarian appointment for Karli today for around 11:30 for her 12 week boosters.  Its a vet conspiracy around here, I'm telling ya!  Not one of these local crooks will give Karli her vaccines without also charging us for an office visit...robbers!  Cheapest office visit is 48 bucks, so that is the one we went with.  Damn thieves!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

4winds

We have spent a small fortune on vet bills on Bella and Goldie over the last two months.  You can go to your local Farmers Co-Op and buy the meds for much less and give the shots yourself. Not the rabies tho.  Just a thought, money is too hard to come by!!

Mytdawg

I put the top on dad's Jeep last fall.  He took it off when it warmed up and left it off all summer.  He put it back on in winter to plow but I won't be doing that either.  It took me a couple hours and several assaults on Mount Jeeptoppo to get it all assembled but it's not something I'm going to do on a regular basis, that's for sure.  I may just end up with a bimini and a cover for winter so snow doesn't drift into the vehicle.  I took the doors off this summer and I think I'm done. N:(   That's much easier than all the velcro and plastic tucky things.

ClydesdaleKevin

Had another relaxing day yesterday, just sitting around reading.  Have to run to town today to pick up some parts for Patti's son's hot tub and see if I can get it working for him.  Other than that, just another lazy day.  At least the heat hasn't been as bad!  More like normal summer temps around here.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Karli got a clean bill of health from the vet and has all her shots now, including her rabies and lyme...and we switched both Barnabas and Karli over from Frontline to Advantix.  Kills AND repels fleas and ticks...and mosquitoes! 

More reading and relaxing, although I did spend a few hours yesterday fixing some of the plumbing on Patti's son's hot tub.  Might work on it some more today if it stops raining!

Kev

Stripe

Sweet! :)ThmbUp
We just switched dog food here a coupl of days ago. Called "Taste of the Wild" Roased Bison and Venison..
Dogs are CRAZY for it!  I tried a couple kibbles meself as I don't feed any of my Pups anything I can't eat. (for a few reasons, SHTF for one, Lol) it was DELISCIOUS!  You can atually taste the meats..
I still have a big supply of heartgard and Frontline from my K9 Handler days that are still good so dunno what I might switch to later when it runs out.  I dunno if you knew this or not, but Military retirees are allowed access to base vets as long as the Vet facility runs a seperate clinic, which nearly all do.  So if there is a need for me to visit a vet on my trip back east, I know I can go to a base Vet if the base has one.

Fredric

PS, Yes, I really do taste test my pups meals.. :)
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ibdilbert01

Thats what I started feeding my dog a few months back, "Taste of the Wild".    I too tried some, and I agree it has a "hint" of meat flavor.   That being said, my pup died yesterday, hope it wasn't the food.   Hm?
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

tiinytina

Awww Tim, sorry to hear your pup died.. :( ....
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ibdilbert01

She was 11, and after changing her food her feet started having problems.  (Not sure if it was related, maybe not)  I took her to the vet and he gave her a steroid shot and sent her home, she got better but after a few weeks it came back and she got worse.   I did a slow switch back to science diet, and took her back to the vet, he gave her a pain killer and an antibiotic.    The antibiotic took care of the feet and she bounced back pretty good, except the antibiotics killed the good bacteria in her gut and Cdiff settled in.     She couldn't fight the Cdiff.    I understand when guys say they cry when they loose their Dog.   I went to work, shut my door and cried like a little kid.   D:oH!
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sorry to hear Tim.  Our pets become partners in life so there is no shame in mourning their loss.
Dave

7/16 EDIT: Sheesh I cannot believe I said there is shame when I meant there is no shame.  Sorry Tim.  I gotta start reading what I type before I post!
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

legomybago

We have a dog that has seizures, and after switching to Taste of the Wild (Salmon flavor), she hasnt had a seizure in over two years. It was the only food we could find that was'nt full of crappy ingredients!!!!!!!!! Both our dogs love it
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Mytdawg

Sorry to hear about your dog.

I've had a wife move out and 3 dogs die in the last few years and I still miss those dogs.   ;)

ClydesdaleKevin

Well, today is the big day!  We move into our campsite at the New York Renaissance Faire!

Yesterday I spent a few hours getting the campsite ready to back the RV into, and running a power line through conduit across a stream...new codes and all.  Figures...New York has to have a code about everything!

So thus endeth this chapter!  Keep your eyes peeled for the new chapter in our adventures beginning tomorrow morning, titled New York, 2013.

Kev

DonD

Good weather and brisk sales!!!
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Froggy1936

Sorry to hear about your dog, Tim.  Frank & Louie
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Thus endeth this chapter.  Camp is all set up in New York now, so the new chapter begins!

Kev