Do You Have a Marvel Mystery Oil Injector?

Started by thane, May 18, 2013, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thane

Does anyone else have a Marvel Mystery Oil injector on their motorhome? My 1977 Class C has such a system and after weeks of trying to figure out what it was, I stumbled onto its inventor and had a nice talk. He also invented a Decelomatic that is on my motorhome.There is a small plastic ‘coolant tank’ in one of the side storage compartments as shown in the first picture and a vacuum line going to a solenoid valve as shown in the second picture.  There is a vacuum line from the solenoid valve to another solenoid valve in the engine compartment where the Mystery Oil is injected into the valve covers and intake manifold.The ’coolant tank’ was just an off the shelf item, it is not really a coolant.  It is filled with the Mystery Oil.When the engine is running and a button is depressed the solenoids open and Mystery Oil is syphoned into valve covers and intake manifold.  This is done before shutting down for the winter to help winterize the engine or whenever you want to burn off some of the carbon on the valves. It really confused me as the red oil in the ‘coolant tank’ was obviously not a coolant.  I see no harm in periodically injecting a little bit of mystery oil into the engine; maybe it will help it pass smog in the future.My conversation with the inventor went a little off track when I asked him if he knew anything about a mystery oil injection system (I called it that because it was a mystery to me) he said yes it is a Mystery Oil injection system.   It took me a few moments to remember Marvel Mystery Oil is a product; the conversation made a lot more sense then.