Colaws RV Salvage

Started by HandyDan, May 03, 2013, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

I made my annual visit to Colaws RV Salvage at Carthage, MO last week. 

I went there for two specific items, but I couldn't find one and the other was priced higher than I wanted to go.  But, I always enjoy driving around the lot and looking at all the "merchandise".  They presently have more "merchandise" than I have ever seen there. This is a picture of the "back 40".  I have never seen any "merchandise" this far back. 

They, also, have started collecting wrecked trailers and 5th wheelers, many of which have been stripped of their siding.  I guess the siding is in big demand.

They have a whole shelf full of rear camera monitors, all at $250 apiece.  I can get a whole new color system from Costco for that.  It always amazes me at the number of burned out motorhomes they have on the lot.  I good friend of mine that works for State Farm Insurance claims says that most of the high dollar motorhomes that burn are self ignited.  But, most of the time the insurance has to pay off.  There were a LOT of high dollar motorhomes there.  This doesn't happen to be one of them. LOL

If you needed a new black water tank, they have all sizes.  This was just one of three shelves of them.

I had a great time and can't wait to go back and scout out more stuff.  Maybe next time I will have better luck.  I find it fascinating seeing how motorhomes and trailers are put together and what they are made of.  Just because it costs an arm and a leg doesn't mean what is underneath that exterior is all that great.  On the other hand, some are built like a tank.  One thing that really upset me was a fairly new Airstream motorhome with a blue Airstream awning that had the Airstream logo embroidered on it just flapping in the wind.  It was in perfect shape but was just left out in the elements to rot.  This was not your typical awning but a custom Airstream item.  What a waste!

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

M & J

When we went to Visones it was kinda sad see those 6 figure pushers mostly burnt on thier lot. They told me most suffered from payment book fires.
M & J

Ken

That is spontaneous combustion. Happens when insurance policy and loan papers contact each other. :D

M & J

I need to call them. We're kina looking for a hide a bed sofa. But it cant be longer than 64 inches. 2 cushion style. Most area 3 cushion and way too long.
M & J

Stripe

Too bad you weren't up my way, one just sold on CL here.. :(
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

Plus we could get Starbucks at the source.
M & J

Stripe

Hehe..  You'd like that wouldn't you.....
Fredric,

M & J

M & J

DonD

O R and R, put a 5ft home unit in my Southwind. Replaced the crap mattress with memory foam....ahhhh!

Not that I'll ever sleep on it  :P
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Oz

at least you know it's there if you need it...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

I need a whole set of leveling jacks if our crazy friend Julie won't sell us her non-working set off her 90 HR.  She's planning on selling the rig, and thinks that even non working jacks will bring a higher value than the 500 bucks I offered her.  Hopefully she'll change her mind...lol!

I wonder if Colaw's has the whole system and at what price?

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

M & J

HandyDan

They have them, Kevin, but they don't sell anything for a reasonable price.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Stripe

Kevin, are you needing to replace your existing jacks? If so, what's wrong with them?

Fredric
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

No Frederic,

Even though the original owner got this coach with almost every available bell and whistle...he didn't get the hydrolic leveling jacks!  I mean really...how much could they have possibly raised his payments?... D:oH!

I need the whole shebang including the interior controls.  Julie has the exact same coach as ours, just one year newer...we are hoping she'll sell us the jack system before she sells the rig, or we'll have to look at other options.  Hers don't work, but I'm sure I could fix them.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

M & J

Stripe

Ahh, okay, makes sense then, thought there was a problem with yours.  I've got a set on my rig and got them up and running in no time and wasn't sure if you had them or not and was going to see if maybe I could have helped. :)

As far as a set, dunno if I can help there.  I do need to make a run to my nearest salvage lot to see if I can get a photo of a wiring harness that matches the one for my power seat, so I can see if maybe there is a removable setup whilst there. And hell who knows, pretty soon I have to head back east and I could just hand them to ya at a ren faire.. :)  God knows I have been wanting to go to one for a while..

Fredric

EDIT:  Does your rig have the mounting positions already in place? I know some rigs get sold that are accessory ready, but just dun have them installed..
Fredric,

HandyDan

Here's Colaws website. You would have to call to get a quote, but be sitting down when you do.  From Muskogee, it isn't real far to Carthage up Interstate 44.   Be sure you have the correct change in your pocket for the Oklahoma toll roads.

http://colawrvsalvage.com/product/hwh-leveling-jacks-complete-system-new/
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star