1974 Winnebago Indian Restoration w/ Sildeout's

Started by MTRV, May 03, 2013, 11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Oh Man! Lucky me I copied it to my computer before it went MIA. I don't know if one of our computer guys can re-capture it some how and re post it,but it's definitely worth keeping on the site. It's a great piece. Man.

Rickf1985

WOW, He posted it yesterday and removed it yesterday. Guess he doesn't want the business. Or Winnebago didn't like their promo being used in his ad. Which is probably more like it. Copywrite infringement.

LJ-TJ

He may not have removed it. YouTube will sometimes remove them on there own if they feel it is copy right infringement. That would be my guess. I hope if that's the case he'll re-post it with out the Winnebago reference. All we do is promote Winnebago and they get their nose out of joint. Go figure.

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao Ok! ok! I finally have a criticism. I've had a chance to critically study the video very,very carefully. MUD FLAPS after all that hard work and you chintzed on the mud flaps. :laugh: Man I love your rig. BUT WHAT TIRE SIZE did you use and were and what rims did you use. Thanks :)ThmbUp

LJ-TJ

Hey MTRV you still out there? Any chance we can pick your brain on a few of your ideas and how you went about your project. I'd like to know what rims you used and who you purchased them from. Did you glue your siding over the old aluminum or did you peel it off and then apply the new siding. I captured your video and was able to study it frame by frame and MAN you do nice work. Well done. She's beautiful. :)ThmbUp

Oz

His last visit was on 7/1 so he's still out there.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

JessEm

LJ-TJ

I know I captured all his pictures to study. Man there is so much to learn and so many little tricks with the siding and a million questions. Now all we got to do is get him to talk to us. D:oH! However if he reads this. Thanks for all the picks and the work on the rig. It's fantastic. :)ThmbUp

burt6666

cosmic

awesome. I finally :)ThmbUp got to see the finished product. Just stunning.

boogie_man

MTRV

Father and Son Duo on a 4,000 mile round trip across the USA and back in a Tricked out 40 year old RV. On the first visit out West we will be stopping in for a week in Sturgis, South Dakota for “Bike Week” . After that huge party is over, then we will be heading out to Redmond, Oregon or the FMCA International RV Rally.
Check out the Winnebao Website @ www.winnebagoroadtrip.com
Winnebao Youtube Commerical @ http://youtu.be/JZtnLY46qOQ

:) :)ThmbUp

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

JessEm

Quote from: MTRV on August 03, 2014, 02:05 AM
Father and Son Duo on a 4,000 mile round trip across the USA and back in a Tricked out 40 year old RV. On the first visit out West we will be stopping in for a week in Sturgis, South Dakota for “Bike Week” . After that huge party is over, then we will be heading out to Redmond, Oregon or the FMCA International RV Rally.
Check out the Winnebao Website @ www.winnebagoroadtrip.com
Winnebao Youtube Commerical @ http://youtu.be/JZtnLY46qOQ

:) :)ThmbUp

Awesome trip, dude. ... Love the old commercial too... Would be nice if you dropped some knowledge someday about how you added slideouts... but either way, have a safe trip!

And I was curious, what's in the horse trailer?

:)

MTRV

On the walls. We completely removed the old walls, rebuilt the walls from scratch in-house. Laminated fiberglass to the wall in our fiberglass department. Then on the Roof we took the roof off and rebuilt the roof from scratch also. When it comes to Slide-outs, walls and or even roofs, Master Tech RV is the one stop RV Shop to get all your dreams to become a reality. Anyone wanting estimate on anything send us a email to sales@mastertechrv.com  :) :)ThmbUp

MTRV

Quote from: Oz on May 08, 2013, 11:53 PM
Oh, about $5,000 for a small bare-bones one... and up... easily $15,000 or more for two, nice full length ones but, that's pocket change for us vintage RVers... I'll take 3 or 4, maybe even keep on more for a spare...

:)rotflmao

Our Slide-outs:
Basic Slide-out: 1,000.00 - 1,500.00 per running foot.
Kitchen Slide-out: 2,0000 - 2,500.00 per running foot.
And they can go up from there.. :)

MTRV

Quote from: ibdilbert01 on May 04, 2013, 10:50 AM
How did you attach the fiberglass sheets?  Did you peel off the metal siding or leave it?  Or did you just build all new sides?  The one LJ/TJ had, was a thin layer of Lauan stuck right over the metal siding, on the lauan they glued the fiberglass.   

Our Winnebago has 2 complete new walls and new roof, with fiberglass walls on the exterior.

MTRV

Quote from: oldrockandroller on June 17, 2014, 10:49 PM
I was good until the paint job.

Classic lines of the coach should have been preserved in a modern style. Updated yes, but its not a Prevost.

The reason behind the paint design is because we use the winnebago to display the type of workmanship that we do to any RV. We bring the winnebago to every FMCA Rally to show the type of workmanship that Master Tech RV can do to any motorhome. At every Rally it is the hit of the entire show.

MTRV

Quote from: LJ-TJ on June 18, 2014, 10:15 PM
He may not have removed it. YouTube will sometimes remove them on there own if they feel it is copy right infringement. That would be my guess. I hope if that's the case he'll re-post it with out the Winnebago reference. All we do is promote Winnebago and they get their nose out of joint. Go figure.

When we first uploaded the video to youtube there were some errors in the video that we had to fix so here is the video link
http://youtu.be/Bktr4hRnfwc?list=UUy4u38T109czLI_sxAfKTuw

MTRV

Quote from: boogie_man on July 09, 2014, 12:31 PM
Wow !! Just wow   :)clap :)clap :)clap

To tally today we have over 4,000 man hours into the build. :) :)ThmbUp

LJ-TJ

Fantastic, thanks for taking the time to talk with us. You do great work and she turned out beautiful. One last question it you have a moment. What did you use for tires and what and where did you get your rims. Thanks again mate and well done. :)ThmbUp

tiinytina

wow! now to win the lottery... I can see Gone with a kitchen/dinette slide already! room for more dogs! LOL...
tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Mayhem_audio

Quote from: MTRV on November 25, 2014, 09:34 PM

Our Winnebago has 2 complete new walls and new roof, with fiberglass walls on the exterior.

@mtrv when you rebuilt the walls what did you use. did you stud frame the walls 2x4 16" on center or did you redo the factory method with w!f!f  Wood ! Foam ! Fiberglass 
hi im matt  im going to cut my winne up
www.BaggedWinnebago.com
www.fb.com/BaggedWinnebago

Lima, Ohio 45807

I also have a CAPSLOCK PROBLEM

pvoth1111

I would use steel studs...lighter, stronger...and would turn em so they were 2" thick and then spray foam or rigid insulate    just what I would/will do
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"