Roaring River State Park

Started by HandyDan, May 03, 2013, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

Today was my final day out of 9 days at Roaring River State Park near Cassville, Missouri.  We woke up to snow and drizzle.  Who would believe we would have snow in May!  We had two canopies out all lit up with rope lights where we would prepare dinner, or use as a dining room, or play with the computers.  This morning we came out to find this:

Several of the rods in the canopies had snapped or bent.  The awning on the camper was sagging but Bob, my fellow camper, managed to bulldoze the snow with a broom.  (He is the one with the detached retina, if you were following that thread.)

We managed to salvage enough parts from one canopy to repair the other, so we have one still useable canopy.  We got it all set up and rehung the lights and move in the tables.  Then I said goodbye to Bob and headed home to wife and warm house.  I had to get home for some other commitments but Bob was staying down while his family and friends came down to stay with him for the rest of the weekend.  However, the weather is supposed to be more snow, rain, and cold.  I think I left just in time.  This is ridiculous for May. 

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Dan!  Cold and rainy here all day...glad you were able to salvage one of the canopies!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Wantawinnie

Sunny and 80 degrees here on Wednesday and it was in the 30's windy and raining yesterday. :(  No snow though so it could have been worse.

Oz

What was that white stuff you were brushing off your awning and... it looked like there was some on the ground... was it sand?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca