Oklahoma 2013

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, May 03, 2013, 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks everyone!   :D   I love my Jeep!  Lots of work to do to her, but nothing pressing...it'll get done as we have time and money to work on her.

Got all the parts for all the catapults drilled and sanded today, and tomorrow we'll assemble them all in no time.  Then student day on Friday! 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

She needs some stylin wheels Kevin.
M & J

Wantawinnie

Looks really nice. :)ThmbUp 

I never knew they even made those type of covers.

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks everyone!  And yes she'll get new wheels, although nothing crazy.  31 BF Goodrich all terrains on black 15 inch rims with maybe some chrome accents.  Only a 2 inch lift and that's it.

A tad higher with slightly larger wheels is all we need and will look pretty good without making it even harder for Patti to get into the Jeep...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

All the catapults are done and stained and loaded in the Jeep to bring to the booth tomorrow, the marshmallows and snackbags are gotten, and we are ready for kids day and the weekend!  My new stock came in for the Savage 110 30-06 today, and its beautiful!!!  OMG!  What a nice piece of furniture for 100 bucks!  New 9 volt battery loaded into the alarm clock as a backup...supposed to get more thunderstorms tonight.  And beautiful weather forecasted for this coming weekend.  Rain and thunderstorms on the poor kids tomorrow. 

Kev

Stripe

Sweet.  You have any u-tube vids of those tossers in action??

And , you don't wanna know what "furniture" I have.. lol

I fear sending pics of them to friends or family for fear they may call me a "Gun nut".  Suffice it to say, even my 10/22 doesn't even look like a 10/22 any more..  :angel:
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

Ive put an Archangel kit on one of my 10/22's. Plus a few BX-25s.
M & J

Stripe

hehe, you got the hint I see.. :)   BTW, you notice how rare those BX-25s are?

Suffice it to say, it looks a LOT like another piece of "furniture" I own..
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  I'm so pro second amendment and guns, my next tatoo, coming soon, is Molon Labe!

I'm a traditionalist though...I like blued steel and walnut stocks.

Good kids day...horrific for me since I let Patti stay home, but made an okay amount of money and didn't have to kill any kids.  Only one catapults lost to shoplifting...lol!

Marshmallows dropped off at the booth already, have to stain some tonight, and then the next two days is good weather, thank the gods!

Now a few more minutes of playing around on the internet, then feed the pups, stain the catapults, take the pups out, then spend some time with Patti!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Great day today at faire with perfect weather!  Lots of happy folks and lots of sales.  The people of Oklahoma are an awesome bunch!  Probably the nicest bunch of folks on average that we have encountered anywhere in the country.  One more day, then a trip to the dentist for Patti on Monday, then more crazy hours of catapult building.  Not a bad problem to have at all!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Awesome overall three day weekend, if you include kids day on Friday.  Early trip tomorrow to Tulsa for Patti's dentist appointment...and then lots of catapults and parts to build this week!  We might make it to the range next week.  Gotta get there at least a few times before we leave on our next vacation!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Crazy early day today...had to be in Tulsa by 8am for Patti's dentist appointment, but boy do her new toofers look great!  And they fit!  She loves them!  And they were done way earlier than we expected...by 2pm! 

And I scored an almost new Leupold 3-9X40 scope for the "new" 30-06 Savage 110 for a hundred bucks...SWEET!!!  Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty to any owner...and some of the best optics you can get...for a hundred bucks...woohoo!  That Savage is gonna be one sweet hunting rifle when its done!  Lots of work to do on it, but dang its gonna be nice!  Hopefully I'll even get in some hunting in Arizona next year!

Lots of catapults to build this week...trebuchets, onagers, Bandits, Trappie pistols, and as many other parts as I can prep out for other models.  Gotta get ready for NY and keep up with this show, which is way busier already than last year!  Materials run first thing tomorrow morning, then back to the grindstone!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So it was an up and at 'em early day today, even though I tried to sleep in.  The dogs weren't having it...Sheba was licking my foot and whining, so off to the potty grounds we went in the early morning fog.

And I was up.  So I put all the trash in the Jeep and decided to replace the peat moss in the Nature's Head toilet again...the urine bottle overflowed twice on us by accident since the last change, and you can not let that thing overflow!  It doesn't spill out onto the floor...it overflows into the peat moss compartment, which is bad juju.  Not only does that mess with the composting process, it also makes the peat moss way too wet and the handle way too hard to turn.  Gotta keep a sharp eye on the liquid level in these things if you are fulltiming it!

Got the toilet stuff all done, then made a trash run and picked up the mail.  Then back to camp to change clothes and get cash from Patti to do the materials run. 

Then it was off to do the materials run.  Got everything, stopped by the gun shop to drool over my 30-06 that is on layaway and hold it awhile lovingly...then a trip to Walmart for some other stuff including mousetraps, then back to camp.  All the materials got put away and I glanced at my watch, and it was only noon!  SWEET!  Early starts are nice sometimes!

So I took Patti to IHOP...International House of Poor service...as always.  But Patti enjoyed her meal!  For the first time in over a year she could eat toast and bacon!  The new toofers are awesome!

Then back home, and decided to take the rest of the day off and relax...might try to snipe a Leupold pistol scope for my revolver in a couple of hours...lol!  I finally found a scope mount for it and decided to be loyal to Leupold only, since they are USA made and have the best warranty in the business.

Oh yeah...here is a picture of the new optics for my 30-06 that I got SUPER cheap on eBay...3-9X40 Leupold Rifleman...it looks like brand new!

Just a couple of little scope ring marks.  Awesome!!!

Tomorrow?  LOTS of work building catapults, and then on Thursday and Friday as well.

Next week we'll go the range at least one day!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Scored another Leupold scope on the super cheap, this time for my Ruger Security Six revolver...SWEET!!!

Gotta love eBay if you shop around and are a good sniper!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Worked all day on catapults, starting around 7 am and ending around 6pm.  Took a break to check my mail and the first Leupold scope arrived for the rifle...SWEET!  Ran the serial numbers through Leupold and its genuine and not stolen...even better...lol!  WOW what a nice clear scope!

Lots more to do tomorrow!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Awesome day today!  Lots of fun had and lots of catapults sold.  Looks like the majority of the big storm system coming it is going to miss us, with just some severe thunderstorms tomorrow night...SWEET!  Although I feel sorry for the folks East of us...supposed to hit you poor guys hard!

Tomorrow is another day, and we have enough stock to make it a good one.  Hopefully we have great crowds.

Hotter than Hades today, and supposed to be even hotter tomorrow...but at least its supposed to by windy tomorrow, which will make it bearable. 

Monday its a materials run, probably pick up my Savage 110 30-06 from the gun shop, the new Leupold scope should be in for the Ruger revolver, and I'll probably work on the guns the rest of the day.  (Started finishing the new walnut stock with Birchwood Casey stock oil, and it looks awesome!  Last coat was today...I think its the last coat, but we'll see what it looks like in the light tomorrow).  They tried to deliver the pistol scope today, but the office was closed, so I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up, which is a PIA.

Anyhow, back to playing on the internet and relaxing after work. 

Kev

Stripe

You have that shop zero the scope?  If not, you have anywhere close you can do it yourself?

Fredric

PS, looking at getting my hands on a nice Sears Model 60 Shotgun..
Fredric,

JDxeper

Hope you missed the stuff that is coming through OKC, be safe.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

ClydesdaleKevin

The storms missed us altogether...SWEET!  Great overall weekend.  More storms coming in this afternoon, so its off to the post office to pick up my pistol scope (they attempted delivery on Saturday), mail some stuff out, and get materials for the week.  Have to get ready for the 3 day weekend coming right up!  Supposed to be beautiful weather all 3 days.  Also going to pick up my Savage rifle from the gun shop today.  Busy busy busy!

Kev

DaveVA78Chieftain

You posted that a little early I think.  Let us know you are OK this afternoon.  The town of Moore, just 80 miles west  of you was devastated.

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Still good here in Muskogee.  Thunderstorm warnings and the whole nine yards, but so far so good.  Incidently, about 3 years ago during the offseason a tornado ripped through the campground here when it was empty...so statistically its unlikely for another one to hit again any time soon...lol!  Always gotta look at the bright side!

Kev

JDxeper

Just be careful and keep the weather radio on within ear shot.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Toby Tyler

Just be careful down there. Moore, OK had a different devastating tornado on May 3, 1999 and they say this on is worse. So it could happen in the same area again. Be safe and have fun!

ClydesdaleKevin

Still having severe thunderstorms, but the worst of it is still missing up.  Looks like we'll be staying inside today.

Installed the new stock on the Savage yesterday...still have some final fitting to do...and the new scope.  Nice combo!  Also installed the new scope on the Ruger revolver...sweet!

Today its a whole lot of hanging out inside...storms all day, but nice the rest of the week.  Going to be some long work days to make up for this missed work day!

Kev

Stripe

Good to hear your ok, in Ok..  Stay toasty and enjoy the new toys..

Fredric
Fredric,