Mike's 1973 D22 Complete tear out. From the Roof down!

Started by RockwoodMike, September 25, 2019, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockwoodMike

Here is my problem right now...I don't have any room!! :laugh:

You need a very spacious area to lay the parts all out..

Right now I have all the transmission parts laid across the table..with the rocker arms getting in the way!!

I made the mistake of tearing the transmission apart too fast..And I didn't take very many pictures..So I am checking and double checking how everything is suppose to be..

When I get the trans back together, that will free up space for the carb..

One part at a time..till I am sure it is right..

Below the table top is all the sheet metal and assorted parts for the engine..It is the only spot I could find :laugh:
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

Eyez Open

Time for new build area maybe? Your build is enormous,tranny's engines structures...go big or go home? Lol your firmly planted there..great work and most of all great attitude!

RockwoodMike

Lets get some done on the box of this thing..the front face and dash area..lets rip it apart some more!!

Pictures show the front area..That eyebrow structure is what I'm going for...
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

RockwoodMike

Getting it off was not hard,,Will use it as a template to create a new piece..This front area is rotted at the edges..

RockwoodMike

Pic 1..After stripping the face clean and sanded down..plenty of rust to sand through..

Pic 2..First layer of primer..Another layer tomorrow and then a layer of satin black.

LJ-TJ

:)clap I can't help but sit here and smile every time I log on to check in on your progress. You are absolutely amazing Sir. Many of us are living Vicariously through you and your project wishing we had not only had your patents but your talents. Hang in there and keep up the excellent work. We all are learn tons of stuff complements of your efforts.

RockwoodMike

Hi LJ-TJ..

I have come a long ways on this..But looking at everything, I have a long ways to go!!

here is the front with the Rustolium Satin black..Just rolled it on with a short nap 6 inch roller..Being oil base with the primer and top coat, it takes a couple of days to dry enough to work it..

This Rustolium is a good paint for this.

RockwoodMike

Since it was raining, I looked into the front wheel bearing hubs..Here is a list of the bearings...

Front wheel bearings

Outer race(small) Timken 14274

Outer Bearing (small) Timken 14116

Inner Race (Large) Timken 25520

Inner Bearing (Large) Timken 25590

Wheel seal Timken 3210

Easy enough to find new ones on Rock Auto and Ebay..

I ordered everything up..Get here when they get here!!

Picture show everything needing to be cleaned up :P