winter project!

Started by 78brave1, February 06, 2013, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78brave1

Hi all been doing some winter projects on the motorhome, updated the bedroom coverings added a flatscreen tv and a stereo in the bedroom. Then tore out the old carpet and installed new hardwood laminite flooring no glue needed. I still need to replace the gas valve on the hot water tank and a pressure relief valve on the main propane tank. hope all is well with everybody here. i have posted some pics in the gallery http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=88 . And remember think spring.

LJ-TJ

Froggy1936

Hi Brave1 Nice job The hardwood floor is much easier to keep cleaned up .   Let us know about the temp though in the cold weather is it harder to raise the temp inside and feel on the feet ?  Thanks Frank  This is something i want to do but cant stand cold feet !
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

TELL me about it, Frank!  Try living in an RV fulltime with 2 German Shepherds and a sassy cat...all shedding profusely at the same time.  We keep thinking about Pergo or the like, but when its cold, the carpets sure feel good on the piggies!  Patti uses a rubber fingered brush to clean up the dog hair just about every day...and just one day's worth is a pile the size of the cat!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

tiinytina

We did the pergo... and we tossed a bunch of rubber backed rugs around where we sit and stand etc... those we can take outside and shake out, and or toss in the wash when needed... thus nice carpet where you need it and easy clean up of the pergo under it.   Carpet for bathroom, out of shower, in front of stove, in front of couch, and most importantly one draped down the entry stairs... (it stays put being rubber backed without a problem with all of our crew... ) We re-carpeted the cab of course.

There is a foam layer under the pergo which does provide some insulation.   

Tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Alaskan Itasca

Mine has laminte up front and carpet in the bedroom. It's the best of both worlds. Although when it's -10 outside I wear the fur lined crocks since even the carpet is cold then....
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E