My Big Redneck Vacation - Holiday Rambler?

Started by Oz, February 03, 2013, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep, its definitely a Holiday Rambler!  Probably early 80s...maybe as late as 85 or 86.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

What a way to waste an HR!  There's no windows, no air conditioners, no awning, and good luck getting that boat down.  I would say it is a 1983 or 1984 Imperial.  It looks just like my '84.  (Well, not exactly, mine has windows, airconditioners, awning, and the only thing on the roof besides the ac is a storage bin)
(Edit: After further research, I have determined it is a 1985 Imperial.  Notice the height of the door compared to mine. For whatever reason, HR put a step inside the door, where on the earlier models the sill of the door is even with the floor of the coach. Otherwise, there is no difference.) 

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Oz

So, my guess is that the first photo is NOT you and your family on a camping trip ?

:)rotflmao
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

HandyDan

Actually, if you were to see the people my wife and I camp with on Labor Day, the top picture may not be too far off.  However, we usually pack our HR a little better than that.  At least we keep the rear view mirrors on. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

Poor little Holiday Rambler...infested with all those redneck packrats!  They probably had to remove the windows to shed some gross vehicle weight...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.