ZVOX gizmo installation

Started by Mytdawg, January 25, 2013, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytdawg

I just bring this up because I've been contemplating how to rig up A/V in the RV come spring.  And then I came across this quite by accident.  http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/installed-zvox-v220-148076.html

As much as I hate to send people off to other boards, this is too good to not mention.  I have one of these ZVOX boxes in my domestic partner's house.  She isn't too thrilled by overly complicated equipment and these can either run off RCA to mini DIN or straight off headphone jack if the flat screen is so equipped.

They are AWESOME.  The sound is really really good.  It's in one box, with one electrical plug, 2 mini DIN inputs, a volume knob, a "presence" knob (for virtual surround) and a remote.  That's it.  It's just a box with an amplifier and apparently some magic speakers.  You plug a MP3 player (Computer, iPad, what have you) into the front jack and it's a pretty good substitute for a real stereo.  And that's coming from a guy with 8 Klipsch speakers in his living room.

It's a pretty simple and elegant solution to both TV and music sound, easy to hook up and not terribly expensive.  If you are ever in a market for these kinds of things take a look a zvox.com...