Our US Travels

Started by moonlitcoyote, September 28, 2012, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & Wishing you many more Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

Well now if you thought you had fun in your Teens and Twenties and partied in your Thirties. Ain't knothing like your going to do in your Fourties. Happy Birthday :)rotflmao :)clap D:oH! :)rotflmao

DaveVA78Chieftain

:)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap

W% Happy birthing day MJ W%

:)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap

[move][/move]

M & J

Happy Birthday YOUNG LADY.
with me and Janie, its our tradition to bake each other's birthday cake
Did you get the pm I sent?
M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Happy birthday!  Hangovers suck with crying kids by the way...lol! :)rotflmao

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

Thank you all I feel so special, last year on my birthday hubby was in CO and I was in ME and I did NOTHING.

oldrockandroller, I make my own cake so it's edible ,lol and no I didn't get any messages.

Kevin, it's a darn good thing I dont get hangovers then, huh? But just in case I do, I have a roll of duck tape and saw a pic that inspired me, a kid ducktaped to the wall..  :)rotflmao

Froggy1936

Now thats a real good baby sitter eliminator  :laugh:
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Storage compartments are good for that too... :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

Had a great time last night, kicked Eddies butt playing pool :) And got a new diamond ring, What a wonderful man I have :)

8 days to go....

New chassis battery installed, 2 new house batteries installed. I went with a walmart battery that has 114AH for $99.89 each.
Laundry done but will have to do it again before we go.
Going to move everything from the deep freezer to the regular freezer today and make sure it all fits.
And I have to figure out how I messed up the 12v outlet I installed in the back room, for some reason it wouldnt charge Michael's mp3 player after I put it in. I didnt really think I could mess it up, hot wire to battery and ground wire to ground, how hard can it be. Obviously pretty difficult for me. :)

moonlitcoyote

Change of plans, going to do more traveling around.

M & J

Oh NO! Thoughts are with you guys.  :(

Mike & Janie
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

Your in our prayers. - Dave
[move][/move]

moonlitcoyote

Thank you,

If anyone has any suggestions as to a good place to spend the summer I am all ears. I need to find a place to stay where I can work on the winny, we have many projects to get done including, new carpeting,tiles,awning,air bags and whatever else I am forgetting at the moment.

oh yes and possibly a new toilet, the valve on my quit closing all the way, so it doesnt hold any water in the bowl anymore.

M & J

Are we back to thinking about Kentucky?
M & J

joanfenn

Good to hear MJ.  I am keeping good thoughts and wishes going your way.  If you ever want a northern holiday, let me know.  It is pretty far from Maine.

ClydesdaleKevin

The Dakotas have BLM lands and national forests...summers aren't too bad, and at least they are dry (low humidity).  That's where we plan on going for some of the summer this year. 

You are in Georgia right now, right?  Not a lot of high elevations around you for a short trip for good summer weather. 

And unless you go as far west as the Dakotas, you are going to hit hot and humid no matter where you go.

Minnesota, Wisconsin...all that area near the great lakes is hot and humid in the summer.  Not sure how far you want to travel to stay in a nice climate.

Keys are beautiful year round if you don't mind heat and humidity, and not too far from Georgia, but expensive to stay in.

Kev

moonlitcoyote

Quote from: oldrockandroller on May 02, 2013, 07:37 PM
Are we back to thinking about Kentucky?
We still need to take the trip to Ohio to go to sands for an awning and possibly captains chairs, so our original route wont change, just where we go from Ohio is whats going to change.

Actually Kev, we are in Alabama right now, but pulling out in 6 days. Dakotas might be an option after Ohio, we have been there once and I wouldnt mind going back.

Ugh, after all this stress, I have no idea how close I am to being ready to pull out. I guess it doesnt matter much since we arent in a hurry to get anywhere. We can always stop somewhere along the way for anything we forgot.

M & J

Well dont forget about Visone RV near Berea off I65. They might have what you're looking for without the extra hundreds of miles north since you aren't going on to Maine any more.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

M & J

Yes ma'am. www.visonerv.com. we've been there. 3 hour drive for us but it was worth the gas.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

When I looked up Berea in KY it was actually off 175, but it may still be possible to get there. Just take a side trip south off of 64 I believe it is.

M & J

You are correct. I thought I had sent the wrong highway. I've pasted thier information below. It was super easy to find from which ever insterstate it is.

Visone Auto Mart
243 Fields Lane
East Bernstadt, Ky 40729
606-843-9889 Office Hours of Operation:
9-AM TIL-6-PM Monday thu Friday.
Open on Saturday 9-AM TIL 2-PM.
M & J

M & J

I was surfing Visone's website, and they have a 1990 Chieftain they are parting out. The pictures show an awning and nice looking beige cloth captains chairs.
I called them and found out that awning had been sold but he said they have 400 RVs and for a standard manual awning they get around $600. The seats in that motorhome are still there and he said those go for around $600/pair also. I don't know if that' s good, bad or what. He said for good used they try to get half price new. When I bought my water heater and rooftop antenna, I negotiated and helped them remove what I needed and got a better deal. Just saying.

I want to go back. Kinda sad seeing all those once grand beasts all burnt and wrecked but its interesting as well.
Good luck.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

Thanks for that info, I actually did check out their website for a minute this morning. I find it difficult to get much internet time when Michael is awake. Thats a good price for an awning as far as I am concerned, but higher than I'd like to pay for captains chairs. Mine are still livable so they can wait at that price. Right now I am researching free camping, there isnt much but I did find one in AL we can stay at for 14 days and maybe do some fishing. We need to do as much free camping as possible, because even at $20/night it would be $600/month which is double what we are paying here.

5 more days until we pull out and I feel like I havent got anything done, but really there isnt too much I can do until the day before we go. Tried some fishing this afternoon but it was drizzling and the fish didnt want to bite. :( Off to make some home made hamburger helper for dinner.

M & J

I'll pm you with some info for more options in this area.
M & J