Our US Travels

Started by moonlitcoyote, September 28, 2012, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

We have arrived in Guntersville and paid for 2 nights to start with, we need to see if there is any decent fishing before we decide if we want to stay any longer than that. Got the Winny all set up and Michael has already taken his brand new (1st) fishing rod down to the water to cast his rubber practice fish into the water. That boy loves fishing even tho he has no idea what he is doing. :)

The ride was nice, lot's of hills up and down all the way. Lots of green tree's and grass, Alabama is actually quite pretty.

Seen a bunch of DEAD armadillos on the side of the road, they must be some pretty dumb creatures. I have yet to see a live one so I wouldnt  know if they are worth looking at when they arent laying there with 4 legs stuck straight up into the air. And buzzards picking at them.

The winny didn't heat up at all until we got pretty close and the hills started getting steeper. But then she cooled right off as we went down the other side. Going to figure out what to make for dinner then check this park out. Hoping it's not as trashy as it looks.

DaveVA78Chieftain

MJ,
Several times I have seen people get pdf drawings of their rigs electrical and plumbing diagrams for free from Winnebago.  Try using this request form to get the information: http://www.winnebagoind.com/company/visit-us/request_information.php

Dave
[move][/move]

moonlitcoyote

Thanks Dave, I'll look into that. Cant fill it out now as I dont have the VIN number. It should be on my new registration when I get it. First I have to find a post office and sit still long enough for my father to send it to me. :)

The fishing wasnt very good last night, but we didnt stay out too long as it was down right freezing. Tonight is supposed to be a touch warmer but not warm enough for my taste so we are going to pay for another 2 days so we can get some fishing in during some warm weather. Still looking for the elusive 5lb or bigger catfish. They keep saying there are some in here over 80lbs... I wont believe it until I see if for myself tho. :)

DaveVA78Chieftain

Possible VIN sources:
Insurance card/policy
Title / registration
On dash at base of windshield on drivers side
Drivers side wall plate
Front engine access area
Winnebago info sticker (tires, GVW, etc.) stuck to a wall inside a cabinet or closet.

Dave
[move][/move]

fleetmasterfred

"The ride was nice, lot's of hills up and down all the way. Lots of green tree's and grass, Alabama is actually quite pretty.  Seen a bunch of DEAD armadillos on the side of the road, they must be some pretty dumb creatures. I have yet to see a live one so I wouldn't  know if they are worth looking at when they aren't laying there with 4 legs stuck straight up into the air." 

Those are actually the smart ones. They're real stealthy.  Those you're seeing are the ones that made it all the way from Texas before... well you know.   

moonlitcoyote

:)rotflmao  They must have got tired of looking both ways before crossing.

moonlitcoyote

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on May 13, 2013, 07:01 PM
Possible VIN sources:
Insurance card/policy
Title / registration
On dash at base of windshield on drivers side
Drivers side wall plate
Front engine access area
Winnebago info sticker (tires, GVW, etc.) stuck to a wall inside a cabinet or closet.

Dave

The mice ate my registration and insurance card, and we dont have a title since it is so old. In Maine they wont give you a title for any vehicle older than 20 years. And I have not found the winnebago info sticker. I think it fell off sometime in the past.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Do you have access to your policy via the internet with your insurance carrier?  If I remember correctly, my Progressive web site even allows you to print replacement insurance cards.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Correct with Progressive.  You can make any and all changes and can print all docs from their website.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

moonlitcoyote

Finally have some decent internet, so I wanted to show a picture of what I have been after all this time...

Here is the catfish before.. (bad pic, it was dark outside)

and after... (catfish nuggets in a delicious honey batter)

moonlitcoyote

I resized those down to 256x192 cant imagine why they came out so big???

moonlitcoyote

Here's the striper I caught in the Chattahoochee River..

moonlitcoyote

I'll have to wait until I find out why these are coming out so big before I post anymore.

Mytdawg

They look alright on my computer although not as small you you indicated.  Of course now I want fried catfish...   :)ThmbUp

M & J

Awesome catch MJ> Now I want fried catfish too.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

Thanks guys, the fried catfish was really yummy :)

We have made it into KY, the hard way. The homebago is running great no problems there But since we are so close to Memorial day all the campgrounds are full. :( So we are stuck with truck stops, which really isnt a big deal (except when you stop at one that doesnt have rv dump or water). But I can get internet for $5 for 24 hours and it's free to park.

The drive today was quite windy and then we drove into a storm with lots of rain so we quit early and stopped at a Flying J truck stop. Going to get the laundry done and let someone else do the cooking for a change (denny's) Planning on heading out 1st thing in the morning and heading on to the next state park. Will rest there for a couple of days and maybe do some more fishing. :)

ClydesdaleKevin

The catfish looks yummy!!!  Kentucky is a beautiful state.  Very hot in the summer, but the scenery is spectacular.  Lots of fireflys.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

Phone typing so this will be short and sweet. At 1:30 this morning we had to change parking spots because the flying j got full and a truck needed our spot. Eddie forgot to close the hatch on the jeep so it has a dead battery this morning.

Going to head out shortly, we have about two hours to go today to a state park that I Hope has an opening.

moonlitcoyote

We arrived at the state park we were hoping to stay at but they were full up, so we stopped at a place just across the road and decided to stay here until Monday morning so the holiday will be over and we shouldn't have any more problems finding a camping spot. Got everything all set up, the family fed an early dinner now just relaxing for a few until it's bath time for the munchkin.

Froggy1936

Hi Moon Just thinking Loose belts could be the cause of both your overheating on hard pulls & loss of power steering at low speed or a fluid leak onto the belts wopuld do the same  Nice catch ! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

moonlitcoyote

Thanks Frank, when we get set up to stay somewhere for a little while we are going to check it all out. She's actually running really well. Been up a lot of BIG hills and no over heating at all. But will check belts and fluids and see if anything is obvious.

moonlitcoyote

Well Memorial weekend is almost over and we are heading out tomorrow. Tried to go fishing tonight but all the banks in all the fishing spots were full up :(.

Heading East tomorrow to stay in another state park for 2 nights and go to Visone RV to try and find an awning and maybe some captains chairs. It's going to be interesting to see where I store the awning, if I get one, until I get to the next destination and can install it.

I keep wondering, is anyone going to the Jimco Jamboree? We RSVP'd for it yesterday and am sort of excited to see all the old rigs.

moonlitcoyote

Hit the road this morning for a 2 hour drive to our next stop along the way. And boy did we put the old gal through the paces. Up the mountain, down the mountain, up the mountain, down the mountain, over and over and over. I havent seen a flat piece of land yet. The good news is, NO chugging at all, not even when the fuel economy gauge was below 0 mpg. I thought for sure I was going to run right out of gas on a couple of the climbs. I swear I watched the gas needle go from 3/4 tank down to 1/4 tank during one very long climb.... And another thing, my husband keeps wondering how in the world this rig can climb mountains faster than it goes down them.. Must be some sort of optical illusion, you think your going up when your really going down. (I didnt tell him it's because I hate the feeling of free falling so I let off the pedal when going down).. But let's keep that between us, I knew there was a reason I liked the fact that he cant use a computer.

Anyways, going to go to visone RV tomorrow and see about an awning and maybe some other small parts.

M & J

Yeah but no sand, endless pine trees. Fire ants...... Its gorgeous down there.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

Kentucky really is a beautiful state, it's very green and lush. But for a person with motion sickness, the up and downs are not the best. Good thing I'm driving or I'd be really sick. I cant wait to stop somewhere for awhile and be able to really check out the area.