Jet-Air-Ride Replacement Pump

Started by DVan, January 18, 2018, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Where is that plug located? I will see if I can get to it on mine and get a picture of it.
I just looked at the wiring diagrams and all of the wires on both sides of the plugs should be color coded, If they are not then someone has been in there and there are no guarantees on whether my pics will be right.

DVan

The connector is about a foot forward of the Bank of six solenoids, which are located above the front edge of the fuel tank and rear axle. The connector is on the driver side forward of the axle.

Rick, given your back, it wonââ,¬â,,¢t be fun getting up in there. Also, road grime makes it very hard to discern the wire colors. I could (and will if necessary) do the trial-and-error method, but I was hoping someone could look at or post a photo of their connector and give me a clue as to the wire color/pin order and a head start in reconnecting my P&L system.

I still have a piece of the yellow wire in one corner of the connector as you can see in the photo; so thatââ,¬â,,¢s a start.
1988 Itasca Windcruiser 32RQ
Semi-retired Artist/Flyer

Rickf1985

I can't do it today as I am already committed to another project, If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will see what I can do. I need to start it up and blow up the bags anyway since they leak down. I have a leak in the system somewhere. I plan to replace all the lines and the tank this year. I am definitely going to put an external line on the new setup so I can pressurize the tank from an external source. Your sure the wires on the other side are not color coded?

Froggy1936

Is it possible to spray the wireing with brake clean or choke cleaner to remove grime ?  Remember they are highly flammable   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DVan

Quote from: Rickf1985 on April 12, 2020, 12:10 PM
I can't do it today as I am already committed to another project,...I am definitely going to put an external line on the new setup so I can pressurize the tank from an external source. Your sure the wires on the other side are not color coded?
No hurry. Iââ,¬â,,¢m planning on another tank w/external source as well, and moving the new compressor closer to the front for shorter power lines.

Yes, all wires are black from the connector to the solenoids. Wouldââ,¬â,,¢ve had it done if the colors matched across the connector. Jetco sent me new elbow hoses (from bags to their reservoir) along with a new solenoid for one that had cracked from over heating (probably due to over use trying to compensate for leaking tank drain), but I couldnââ,¬â,,¢t get the pinouts for the connector.

Rickf1985

I am curious what they charged for those hoses? Those are the short fat ones right?

Rickf1985

It might be a day or two before I can get those pics, we are REALLY getting hammered with rain! We have had about three inches in the last four hours and it is going to continue all day.

Rickf1985

Ok, Got up under there today after jumping it from itself to get it started, another thing on the list I have to replace is the starting battery. And guess what? My wires are black from the plug back also. So much for wiring diagrams. I will have another go at it tomorrow because I am going to have to cut the wire ties holding the harness together and I want to have new ties to put it back together. Where does your exhaust come out on yours? As you can see mine is right there where I had to slide under and even though I am not all that portly it was a rather tight fit! And if you are wondering how high it will go, well there you see it. I don't suggest doing that unless you have bags that are in good shape, mine are only a few years old. Now if I let all the air out that back bumper will only be about three inches at the most above the ground. The side bodywork will be just about touching. on the other side it is actually scarred up from when the previous owner moved it with the bags deflated.

DVan

Been busy myself. Our rain & snow finally held off long enough to get my CRP (Conservation Reserve Program) fields burned. Itââ,¬â,,¢s a prairie/plains thing to keep native grasses happy.

Since I paid them ~$100 for the solenoid, they included the hose elbows at n/c.

My dual exhaust looks to exit same place as yours. Right where my (plastic, downward-opening) shoreline cord storage door can rest on the hot pipes and melt. However, my coach back end is raised on heavy jack stands so I can replace the airbags and rubber fuel lines. So I have plenty of room.

The wires going from the connector to the solenoids are black, but the wires going forward from the connector to the P&L switches in the cab should be color-coded.

DVan

I think I have a solution by tracing wires from the solenoids and applying the color coding from the JetCo manual, then numbering the pins as follows:

Row 1 (the side of the connector containing the yellow wire and opposite the clip):

1=Yellow (L-up); 2=Blue (L-dn); 3=Brown (L-auto)

Row 2 (the side adjacent to the connector clip)

4=Green (R-up); 5=Red (R-dn); 6=Orange (R-Auto)

So, the connector, as viewed in my photo in the OP, would be numbered:

1 2 3      or     YEL  BLU  BRN
4 5 6.             GRN RED ORG
   C                       Clip

I havenââ,¬â,,¢t re-installed and tested this configuration yet, but will post a correction/edit if itââ,¬â,,¢s needed.

Rickf1985

Sorry, the weather has just been to crazy to get back under there. Had a storm blow through yesterday with 80 MPH winds and 20 minutes later the sun was out. Of coarse everything was soaked and I spent an hour rounding up trash can, chairs and other bits and pieces.