Position of exhaust baffle on a hydroflame furnace

Started by gary19734, December 23, 2012, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary19734

Hey does anyone know if the baffle on the exhaust for a hydroflame furnace goes up or down.The wire broke on the cover and i didnt pay attention.By the way found another use for a leaf blower.removed the burner tube attached hose to exhaust blew that soot out of there 1 2 3.You might be a RED NECK IF  Any help would be appreciated Thanks Gary

DaveVA78Chieftain

An air deflector device would always face downward to ensure it allows any rain or water that may hit it is deflected away from not into the unit.

Dave
[move][/move]

gary19734

Thanks that's what i figured but when i flipped it the heater was was a little more quiet.tallking about the baffle inside the exhaust tube.Do you know what the max temperature the heat exchanger should get.heater was sooting up pulled apart completely cleaned found wiring faulty voltage dropping to 8 volts when fan was running replaced wiring checked gas pressure at main regulator could not find a tap on gas valve to heater though. seems too run OK know but a little too much yellow tip on the flame.Heat exchanger reaches 720 degrees above flame and down to 220 degrees at the last baffle do you know if this is too hot cant find any info on the topic.Thinking about seeing if i can find a fan control that runs off of exchanger temperature  Thanks Gary

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

DaveVA78Chieftain

Here is the Atwood Troubleshooting manual: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

As long as the furnace is being shut down normally by the thermostat and not the high limit temp safety switch then you are most likely OK.  Make sure you have the correct limit switch (pdf page 24 and the parts list at the rear of the manual) for the model unit you have.  Far as I know, there is no flame adjustment (air/fuel mix) feature on a furnace.

Dave
[move][/move]