Need 413 lower radiator hose

Started by JCMAC, July 25, 2012, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCMAC

I cannot find a lower radiator hose for my 413 Dodge engined D22C.  The Dodge dealer says the PN's 940 and the newer PN are not in any Chrysler's dealer stock in the US.
  A straight, ribbed flex hose is too stiff to work.
  Help needed,
  Thanks,
John

Edit:   Carquest found a workable lower radiator hose!  It is a Carquest/Gates #20970 and has the required large radius 90° bend plus the 30° bend - however the 30° bend is out of phase to work as is.  SO, cut the hose midway between the 30° bend and the large 90° bend and rotate until the 30° bend is properly alligned.   The splice can be made with a 3-4" long piece of 2-1/2" exhaust tubing and 4 clamps (on a smooth pipe connection w/o a bead or ridge, I always double clamp each side -thus 4 clamps).

hawkaleuge

I found a workable solution using NAPA 7722.  it's just an 2 1/2 inch ell, I pulled the spring out of the old hose and put it in the new one and cut about 3/4 inch off the long end.  It misses the power steering hose by about 1/2 inch and I had to put a rubber spacer between the long oil filter and the hose to prevent chaffing. 

What I need is a right angle oil filter adapter so the filter hangs down and not horizontal.

Ed L.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]