Battery compartment wiring rebuild

Started by LJ-TJ, July 25, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

I'm trying to clean up my battery compartment. It looks like there are some kind of breakers in here. The writing is obscure but I think the one reads 5A the other reads 5A and the other I think reads 35A. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions. Anybody know what these wires are. I followed one set Brown/Black and White I think they head for the BATT/MON switch. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

LJ-TJ

3 12 volt circuit breakers. Looks like I've got 3 circuit  breakers but there so old I can't read what the amps should be. Any body got any ideas.

Oz

Ok, good pix.  I see the isolator or solenoid in the upper right of the first and last photo.  But, where are these "circuit breakers" mentioned?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Don't know if this will work but were the arrows are off the little boxes is were the breakers are. Do you know what amps they're suppose to be?  Hm?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Yes, they are circuit breakers
http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d60.html
When they trip they cool down and automatically reset themselves.
Also means if you have a problem they will cycle off and on.
You will have to try and clean the crud off them to find out the size.
Could be installed by Winnebago or a previous owner.
Sadly, getting a hold of Winnebago wiring diagram is almost impossible.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

I tried to clean off the breakers but there a sun of a gun to read. It looks like a 5a a 35a and another 5a. Does that sound right?  Hm?

DaveVA78Chieftain

As I told you in the gear box last night,  I could only guess what the sizes are based on what device they are feeding.  Finding Winnebago coach wiring diagrams for rigs before 1990 is difficult so you need to track down where the wires go and make your own wiring diagram.
The only thing I  can offer you is the listing of circuit breakers on page 6 (bottom right) of the 1975 D21 Parts book.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/1975/75wd21.pdf
They list 5, 20, 30, and 40 amp circuit breakers.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Well here's something we can work with I think. I finally went with a (5A) that I could read and a (30A) I could finally read but the last one was eather a 30 or a 35 so I went with a 30. If anyone has any other thoughts on this please speak now or for ever hold your piece  :)rotflmao   If'n ya think something needs correcting HOLLAR.

ibdilbert01

Best wire work I've seen in a long time, well done!
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

jimbo16720

I emailed or@winnebago.com for wiring diagrams for my 1986. They sent me pdf files of everything. You need either the body serial number or your vin number.