MICE in Your Coach!

Started by MSN Member, November 09, 2008, 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Mmm, Orange Soda!  <Slip><Blip> NOOO!!!!
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

chicknnhead

I use dryer fabic softner sheets...in all the years I have been using them, about 5, never had an issue! Mice don't like them
I spread them all over the camper

my Rv is stored outside all year around in a field

JDxeper

Another mouse story.  planted my sweet corn seed.  Next day almost every seed was gone with only a small hole left.  I thought it was birds.  So out comes the pin wheels, cans on a string anything that was shinny and moves with the wind.  replanted seed next day all seed gone again.  Time to get serious, now for the electric fence, put the wire right down the row, about one inches off the ground, had two rows about 3 ft apart.  Check next morning, so no birds but had three blind mice hung on the electric fence.  Field mice were carrying the seed back to a nest some where.  Moral a electric hot wire will do a job on meesees.  D:oH!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

M & J

Snakes. SBD's to a meese. We live in the country and my wifey hated snakes. So I caught and carried off to the woods all the rat snakes that appeared around the house.
That was the year we had mice.
Next year, even though she grimmaced, any snakes I found I turned loose around the house and no mo meeses.
They dunt call them rat snakes for nothing.......
M & J

khantroll

I am not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but this month's issue of RV Magazine had tech and how-to article regarding a product called "Mouse Free" http://mouse-free.com that is applied like an undercoating to your coach, and supposedly keeps the mice out the coach for a year or more per application. The article seems to speak well of it.

ben2

There are some cake baits that can be purchased at a Farm supply store, they come in 5 gallon buckets,I seem to remember the buckets are yellow.You simply put the baits all over your motorhome, I put them on the engine as well, as my Rv was at a farm for a couple of years before I purchased it..These baits really do the job ,and are harmless to dogs and cats, that is the smell the animals can't stand!!The mice, rats eat this stuff and they just schrivel up,and leaves no smell in the rv..I moved the rv to town ,and haven't noticed any droppings since..

Stripe

Nice!

I used to have a cat years ago that would leave "presents" on our doorstep.  Her way of saying "I'm doing my job!"...
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

So you take a Victor mousetrap...and you turn it into a catapult...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Thundercloud

Just get some big speakers and play some Tina Turner for a day straight and they won't bother you for a while. Its hard to say on the poop because they probably got in the walls. You might have to cut a few holes in the wall down low and vacuum with a hepa mask then cover it up and screw it in place or something so you can always gain access to there hiding places.
Independence, freedom and determination!!!

legomybago

:)rotflmao  tina turner.....
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

moonlitcoyote

After leaving our old Winny parked in a relatives yard for 2.5 years we came back to find the mice made a disaster. I have set traps here there and everywhere including some glue traps but I have only caught 1 mouse after a month. I could here them in the ceiling above the microwave so I tore into it and they have a tunnel through my ceiling. I stuck a bunch of steel wool in there and havent heard them up there anymore but now daily I am seeing mouse droppings in other places. They wont go near any of the traps and I dont know what else to do. I have had to store ALL food in plastic containers but these critters have made a home in my home and they refuse to leave. I cant find any de-con in any store and even putting peanut butter on the traps hasnt helped. I hate mice!!

Rickf1985

Bait traps, they eat it and they die. You have to make sure there not more coming in to replace them though.

moonlitcoyote

The only thing I can find here in Georgia is spring traps and glue traps. And these mice are too smart for that.

Rickf1985

DaveVA78Chieftain

Here kitty kitty kitty!   :)rotflmao
[move][/move]

Surfinhurf

I use steel wool everywhere, use glue strips, and mechanical live traps.  I don't use bait because I don't want them crawling into  the walls to die.  I've still had mice damage on occasion.  So, my wife (hates mice more than anything, except snakes) takes everything out of the Winnie every year.  All cushions, dishes, silverware, bedding, anything she doesn't want a mouse on.  Its a pain, but she's happy, and we all know what that is worth.

Rickf1985

Dave has the right idea, and snakes are good, snakes equal no mice! BUT, if you have either the snakes OR the cats do NOT under any circumstances use the baits!!!! If the mice eat the bait and the cat or snake eats the mouse then they will die also.

I live in the woods so mice in the house are a part of life. I usually have a couple of garter snakes hanging around the house around the outside along the walls but they are only a foot or two long. They can only eat so many mice. About two years ago I noticed a 5 foot black snake prowling around and almost instantly the mouse population went to next to zero! My wife is not crazy about snakes but once I showed her that the snake has no interest in us at all and will move off if we approach it she has learned to live with it. Same with spiders, They eat what eats me so I leave them alone out in the shop and in the dark spaces of the house that no one goes to. Amazing how many dead crickets you find under their webs. Just think of all that chirping if you had killed the spiders. I have to watch which spiders are where since I do get a lot of black widows and a few brown recluse. The recluse are just that reclusive and you will only find them in old wood piles and very seldom visited sheds. I find them in the winter on my firewood but they are dormant and become fuel for the fire.

M & J

X2 on the snakes MJ. One year J made me carry off all the snakes and thats the year we had mice inside. Snakes creep her out but now she understands. Youve seen the place. All the snakes I caught I carried to the woods, never killed any of them.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

I dont mind snakes at all but if I brought some in and let them run free to catch the mice I think Eddie would move out. He is the one that cant stand snakes.

postman

moonlitcoyote,

I use a sonic pest repellent that has a/b switch. One for bugs(a), the other for rodents(b). SO I use two A & B.