Make/Model of AC Compressor?

Started by Stripe, May 30, 2013, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Anyone ever seen one of these?  Make/model? 

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

M & J

Oh duh. I told him it was a York hours ago.
He of little faith Fredric. Lol
M & J

Stripe

yeah but reg or mini.. lol. 
I'm thinking regular.
Also discovered VW Rabbits used them too..
Fredric,

M & J

Convert to an A6 or R4. Hoses might be an issue with the R4 though. A6 might be too long.
M & J

Espiritus

Seriously, guys. . .are there any empty apartments near where you live? You guys can look at a part that is installed on an unknown engine, and know what it is. . .I thought it was a Dingleflopper. . .

I am impressed. All you Navy Chiefs. . .they didn't teach this stuff in the Air Force.

My daughter is in the Navy. . .and she is smarter than her two Air Force brothers. . .

Don't tell them I said that.

M & J

Well, the last person I told how great Kentucky was has had nothing but trouble since they got in this state...

Message received Mark. :-[
M & J

Stripe

I am a retired Navy K9 Handler, before that I was an ABF, or a Jet fueler (we called ourselves "Glorified Gas Jockeys")
BTW, I'm not in KY, I'm in WA..  :)

Fredric
PS, we call USAF personnel "Zoomies" and ask them why they joined the "Chair" Force..  Lol
Fredric,

Espiritus

Yes, my daughter talks about the "chair force" all the time, and then expands on the topic to disclose that all the AF personal that she encounters are overweight. . .except her brothers, of course.

I knew you were in WA, I think "old rock and roller" was saying HE was in KY and telling me that there are no empty apartments close to him. . .

But, I am headed to KY in about a week, apartments or not. . .with my demon dog and Dane.

Daughter is a MC3, best job in the Navy she says. . .take phenomenal pictures, some of which have recently been picked up by associated press, CNN, and Fox. She's being moved from the USS Carter Hall to the USS Kearsarge next week. Oh, well, my brag is over.

Ah, but now I see how you know about the mad max mutz. . .

Oz

Do you know which one it is now?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Big Mad Max fan! :)

Figured out the low side service port (left port as looking at it from behind the engine)  on the York which  definitely the BIGGER of the two in the pic, I still can't imagine THAT in a VW Rabbit, I had one and it did not have AC, lol.

The AC took 10PSI so today I will be grabbing the BIG can of R134A and giving it a big boost. 
I know, Oldrockandroller, as useful as power steering on a bicycle, but hey, it's on my RV so it's got an obligation to work and be used, "just because"..  :)

Fredric
Fredric,

M & J

You sure its been converted to 134? R12 uses castor oil, 134 uses PAG. 134 will not do well with R12 o rings and seals.
It operates at higher pressures so the 134 charge should be only 70 percent of the 12 amount.

You may end up with some surprising results just dumping in 134 in a R12 system.
M & J

Stripe

I did the conversion according to the list on the conversion kit (universal). Oil, o-rings, etc..  There was no r12 left so no worrying about losing any to the atmosphere

Fredric
Fredric,

M & J

Well you didnt say that......lol
M & J