P30 air suspension air pressure

Started by lbl09, May 23, 2013, 06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbl09

I am sure some of you helpful people would be able to tell me what air pressures I should be running in the front and rear air suspensions.

Thanks

Stripe

I'll let you know as soon as I replace my front bags.  I have a mor-ryde system on the rear, so can't help you there.. :)
As far as pressures this may help. http://www.oocities.org/yoshimorgan/airsuspension.html

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

tiinytina

I run our air-lift front coil bags at 60lb...   Been told at this point its just better to put a new set of springs in vs replacing airbags.. esp on old rig springs.  and air bag replacement is a PITA but you can read all about that after searching the forum... :-)

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

lbl09

I found the below information on another RV site.  Hope it is helpful.  I am now running approx 60 PSI in front and rear.

P30 air bag suspension air pressures

I had a 96 motor home on a 95 P30 chassis. The vehicle owners manual described how to set the pressure in the airbags. In case you don't have the manual this is what mine said:

The owner’s manual gives the following ranges:

4,300 LB front suspensions = 10 psi to 50 psi
5,000 LB front suspensions = 40 psi to 50 psi
5,300 LB front suspensions = 50 psi to 80 psi
5,500 LB front suspensions = 60 psi to 100 psi

For the proper adjustment it says to inflate the air bags to the maximum pressure for your vehicle, load the motor home, park on a level surface and then reduce the air pressure as needed to level the motor home but don’t reduce it below the minimum.

I have seen other schemes for adjusting the pressure per ride quality, but the 1995 Chevrolet Forward Control Chassis owner’s manual said to do it as shown above.

I don't know if it's accurate or not but other posts have said the pressure in the bags affects the alignment and you should hve it checked when you get the pressure set. The manual did not mention that however.

As listed above, I have purchased the Firestone 4100 kit.
Firestone's official installation guide shows the following pressures:

1/2 Ton Vehicles 4-45 psi
3/4 Ton Vehicles 10-60 psi
P-30 10000-15000 GVWR 40-70 psi
P-30 16000 and up GVWR 60-90 psi

My GVWR is 16.500 and Front Axle is 5500 lbs. Guess I'll be ok with 75 psi for a start in both cases.

M & J

That pretty much coincides with what the coach manual states for our 87 P30 Allegro. I keep ours at 70 psi, which does make it a little nose high, but where we live and drive, it's hilly and curvy secondary 2 lane roads and I prefer better body roll control with the higher inflation.
M & J