Better Performance & Mileage - Eagle Research - HYC02A Cold Vapor Modification

Started by GONMAD, June 22, 2012, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GONMAD

This is not a maybe article. The mods I have performed work without a doubt. The MAIN objective on ANY RV is mileage. I have been working with what's known as a HYCO2A from"Eagle Research". This unit changes liquid to vapor (no liquid burns in an internal combustion engine) thus changing the feed to cold vapor. This is done by "bubbling" the fuel in a sealed cannister with a vacuum line just under the primaries on the carb. Using this system has increased the mileage & performance ( this also has a ford part # for police interceptors). You actually shut the idle mixture screws off! This is like having another carb feed separate from the main fuel line. I hardly  even use the back barrels anymore. I have disconnected the choke as it's not needed anymore. (especially in florida) I have further modified the system to my own parameters whereby reducing parts cost. This IS NOT a bolt on system. You must do your homework on this as it's considered  "Experimental" by our PTB. I have installed another car & the results are phenomenal. The first thing we noticed was an immediate decrease in engine & exhaust temprature by 10 degrees, the smell of the exhaust cleaned up also (no rich smell) This car is equipped with a 550 HP smallblock chevy roller motor. It's like the BEST of both worlds & 24 MPG! ( I get 13 MPG on my RV with this). I've invested $650.00 on two units & have NO regrets. This is not a sales gimmick. I have come across this & I want to share my good fortune with everyone so don't dismiss this as another junk add on IT WORKS GREAT!!!

Go to:  http://www.eagle-research.com/  EAGLE RESEARCH & FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF.

This site also sells BROWNS GAS units & many other items of similar interest.

We also have knowledge about HHO Generators & they are usually good for a solid 6 MPG on GAS & deisel responds even better. Anyway I have two years perfecting MY version of the HYCO & I'm happy to report this endeavor. I hope some of you will show an interest as BIG OIL is taking too much of our money for their own profit I'm SICK of it! NICOLA TESLA provided FREE Electricity in the thirties & THIS is how far we have come!!?? Anyway check this out for yourself. If you have any questions I can be contacted for details concerning any of this material (among other things pertaining to RV mods as I've many other topics to relay & MOST can be done oc your own. I have suspension mods as well as upgrades & modifications to engines & transmissions. I have been a Full Timer for 7 years now & love it 55000 miles since being as such & I work on & build Old Iron vehicles & run a ONE OF A KIND AA/TF Dragster powered by a "HANDMADE" VW BILLET ENG making 4000 HP on 90% nitromethane (It has been 202MPH in 4.02Seconds with the parachutes open in the 1/8th mile here in Immokalee Fl. Truly a sight to behold!
  Back to the matters at hand< I'll be posting more articles in the near future so absorb this info & don't be shy ask questions. I'll be happy to clarify any misconceptions or queries.
C YA!
GONMAD

Chris Reed

How much does your RV weigh? Do you tow anything? If so what is your GCWR? What kind of mileage did you get before your upgrades? What do you estimate your total cost for the improvements that you made on your motor home? Do you have any photos of the upgrades? If so can you post them?
1984 Winnebago Chieftain 27RU, P32 Chassis, 454 with a Banks Power Pack, TH400

Oz

*  Note that the author does mention that this topic modification is "experimental" and that readers should do their own research. 

It is strongly advised that members do just that and seek independent verification of actual results, component quality, reliability, warranty and safety concerns.

Thanks - Mark
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

GONMAD

First of all I apologize for leading you to believe I was advertising. "I'M NOT" that said thanks for the input , as I say I'm NOT a business & I'm SICK of taking  the standard accepted methods. If you are happy with 7 mpg ( which IS what I used to get) then stay happy with it. This is two years  of MY research & development , my costs are mentioned in the text as well. All the parts necessary were bought locally & there is no kit. I did mention that this device has a ford part #. I have spent six years & over eighteen thousand dollars modifying my rig & have more do it yourself projects for the p 30. I LIKE to share info & have NO interest in capitalizing on any subject.  I am a bucks down guy & I have to be creative in my endeavors. Everything on my rig I did myself I have engine mods, chassis, suspension a home made "panhard bar fabrication for the rear, exhaust upgrades, centramatic wheel balancer installation, Gear venders installation I have transmission mods for the 400 Turbo to help longevity  & more. I have provided some pics in the photo section of some of the improvements & I'll send more as time progresses.
In summary I'm hoping I am joining a forward thinking bunch & if I'm wrong then so be it.  I have been driving street cars with over 500 HP since 1969 & getting 13 MPG so it can be done. has ANYONE ever heard of the POGUE Carburetor? It got 125MPG in the fourties Why can we NOT do it now!?
  There are BETTER methods out there just get off the THRONE & look.
          C YA GONMAD 

Froggy1936

Hi Mad  We do not want to scare you away. We are all interested in increasing mileage. Its just we are a bit sceptical.   Thank you for your advice !!  Will your syestem work with throttle body injection ?  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

GONMAD

In responce to a question posed, Yes these work well with fuel injection provided you install an "EFIE"  electronic fuel injection enhancer tied into your O2 sensor so it will not negate the Hyco ( you have to fool it NOT to richen it back up). Also you can get fancy with a mosfat device to control the injection pulse into milliseconds further increasing mileage.
  At this point I highly recommend a hydrogen generator in the system as well OR install the HHO first. Generally on a gas engine it is very c ommon to see 4 to 6 MPG IMMEDIATLY  We have an HHO unit from canada ( where they have been making them for over 40 years) installed on a highly modified small block actually getting 22 MPG without the Hyco. We're still getting figures for both units  combined. So far it looks like 24 to 26 overall. I'll supply pictures of both units to clarify any misconceptions.
  I'm pretty happy right now as I just returned from a small trip to town & I swear I hardly ever get to use the back barrels anymore & the engine can barely be heard. Another benifit is the engine temp drops 10 degrees as well as the exhaust smells cleaner & definitely cooler (the   more complete burn IN the combustion chamber results on more power less money out the tailpipe. I hope I didn't bore you by running on so. I want to develop a unit like Stan Myers & use only water for fuel. We have a small generator running on hydrogen only & are trying to upsize everything to run an 8L. engine It takes money for the materials so it's a slow work in progress. 

Thanks for your time'  I'LL provide more later

C YA! GONMAD

joev

hi guys I know when I went to trade school for auto mechanic there was an wright up in one of our magazines at school that a mechanic in the souther US reworked a rochester four barrell carb in a 1970 chev with a 350 cid and it cost him 40 dollars to do this and was getting almost 100 mpg without any power loss this quicky dissapeared and no long herd about this was in the mid 1980's. Is this what it was?i

maxximuss

I heard that there was a carb that ran on water many years ago, never heard much of it. Rumor has it the guy was payed off or something like that. One fact I know is that a good set carb. will get better gas millage than fuel injection systems. I had a 82 Monty with a 5.0L that I took a trip in that used less than 1/2 the fuel that the same trip in a 89 S10 blazer with a 4.3L did. And I was really pushing the car too, gunned it every chance I could.

ibdilbert01

QuoteI heard that there was a Carb that ran on water....

There was a guy named Stan Meyers who ran his dunebuggy on water.  He knew some of the guys at the firehouse I work at.   He use to stop by the fire department with it all the time.   He refused to sell out and died at the local Bob Evans.   Prior to that he called the local police and told them his life was in danger, they didn't take him seriously.   The community thinks he's was poisoned.  His car was taken and his home was ransacked.   Hm?
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Oz

We had a pretty lengthy discussion on the H2O topic and there were a couple youtube videos showing the vehicle running, also links to the articles about his death.  Official cause of death was poisoning.  He died from it after having dinner at a restaurant.

GONMAD

Hello ALL!   About Stan Meyer, He was visited by "OFFICIALS from Standard oil & others. They offered him a one BILLION dollar cease & desist for NOT revealing this technology to "PUBLIC DOMAIN". He declined them & stated he would do this anyway. His "Water Cracker" device actually disassembled ANY water & re-aligned the hydrogen & oxygen molecules for burning successfully.There WERE others who have done similar devices & met with the SAME fate. The term is "Suicided". & big oil ( JP MORGAN, BP, Standard Oil...The list goes on & I'm sure you get the picture. I won't get into the "Conspiracy theory" involved but ask yourself this question... Why are we still using 100 year old tech with carbs & fuel injection when there are plenty of OTHER options for powering vehicles than the IMPOSED norm Look up NICOLA TESLA The REAL father of electricity NOT Edison & see what he had designed way back in the EARLY 1900s. Everyone has a brain & do not let anyone scare you with "There's one born every minute" Be curious & I don't see any failures Just different ways to NOT do something. Success comes in CANS not CANT'S. according to Zeig Zeigler (Whom I've seen 10 times in my career) on success & failure. At 63 years I'm not happy with being relegated to "THE NORM" & I'll continue to step out of line & do something different. Isn't that why everyone IS different? Don't allow yourself to be trapped into just another brick in the wall. We chose RV's because we ARE different. Why stop there? As Always I've probably said too much already, That what I do.   C YA! GONMAD

maxximuss

I stand behind everything you said 100% thank you some more insight as to what many do not know (myself included), and some who choose to just accept what is. I believe in questioning everything. I live my life doing things that people say you can't do or can't obtain. If I had the knowledge to build such a device myself I would share it with the world, probably would put a end to greedy oil companies and all those who stand behind them. Not to mention the cleaner environment  around the world we would have. If we don't try different things we would not be where we are in this world today as humans. It's only a matter of time till fossil fuels run out. By then we will have a new (regulated and governed replacement) that will just have to pay to have like we do on any energy supply.

Rob

Oz

It amazes me when people people say something is bogus when the proof is right in front of them.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ah5AVqQXEqnRUq4J2QrjOHObvZx4?p=youtube+stan+meyer&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-yie9

There you go, people... watch the videos of an actual water powered vehicle and also the additional ones, including the demise of Stan and mysterious disappearance of his vehicle.

Strange... he died shortly after refusing a $1 billion offer to buy out the rights to it....  Yeah, the big auto companies aren't stupid.  They'll do whatever they have to in order to protect their ivory tower.

And...  Google Stan Meyers.  You'll find all you need to know about the vehicle and his death.

Stripe

I personally think Stans' old partner did him in because he was mad at Stan turning down whatever offer was made to him..
As far as the HHO booster, yeah, it definitely works.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

GONMAD

For those who need physical proof, take a trip to DON GARLITS Museum in Ocala Fl. There is a shining example of a "POGUE' Carb producing 125mpg on a Flathead ford I guess this dates the time period as not so new. The patents are registered & easy to duplicate. I'll send a pic of it when I find it. It's funny when you think everything is "IN our BEST intrest" only to find out otherwise. I was told in my younger years to "Seek the Truth" & I'll endure ridicule & Deny ignorance but I will not accept spoonfed BS & negativity.  NO FEAR! C YA! GONMAD

GONMAD

Hello ALL!  I just completed a 1200 mile trip to South Carolina & back. After removing the HHO unit & running on the NEW HYCO K. After repairing a few bugs in the running gear like the vacuum modulator hose collapsing at the trans & trash in the Carb (I overhauled it at a rest stop) My average mileage is 8.30 mpg measuring at 300 mile intervals. I TRIED to keep speed down to around 70 but my thrill seeking days are not over & passing slower vehicles is a snap as WOT operation is pretty impressive & the engine LIKES 77 mph. Vacuum is a steady 9hg. I rarely had to use the back barrels. Just run it at the tip in point & thats all thats needed for smooth operation around 71 mph. Still have major problems with the NEW sending unit I just installed so it was a gamble as to when to fill up.
   The HYCO K did perform flawlessly & while mileage is UP I think this is more of a performance enhancer hard to duplicate by just changing plugs or carbs or mild turbo or supercharging. The overall power difference is defiantly worth it. The plugs are a light tan gray & clean. If mileage is paramount (which it is) I recommend a good HHO unit along with the HYCO. & the mileage will be back to where it sounds ludicrous. HHO provides a good 4 to 6 mpg on a gas engine & Diesels respond even better. My trip wasn't a success but I obtained good figures for my research. I should have used the HHO unit also. All for now. C YA! GONMAD 

Stripe

I remember my dad telling me about the Pough/Pogue? Carburetor in '83.  When I did some research , I discovered that it did indeed increase mileage but with gas from the era it was invented in. This was before all the "additives" fuel companies began putting into the gas.  Nowadays it would be difficult to achieve the same level of vaporization that the "P" carb achieved before the additives were used.
Fredric,

GONMAD

Hello All,  I just finished my figures for the last trip I took. The mileage improvement was a solid 2 MPG WITH the HYCO 'K' than over previous trips. Although not a miraculous change alone but coupled with a good HHO unit it could be up to 4 to 6 mpg more if you can keep your foot off the go pedal. Make darn sure you keep clean fuel filters on your fuel system & the glass filters are WORTHLESS! Use a good RUSSEL or any cleanable filter that you can take apart for inspection & cleaning. The glass filters are good for stopping boulders & looking cool and better than nothing.

All for now C YA! GONMAD   

Oz

At a typical 6-8 mpg for most people... A solid 2 mpg more is a solid and serious gas cost savings! 

maxximuss

Never use a glass filter.  Your asking for a engine fire if it breaks. I have heard of this happening and the guy lost a vintage Mustang from it.

GONMAD

Hi Mark, I haven't been to his site recently but I guess he's updated his website. He's actually drinking the water produced by the browns gas machine! He says the health benefits are remarkable. If you or anybody need information as to what you need for assembling a modified unit like the two My brother & I have done I'll compose a list.  The BIG problem is the container as he no longer supplies them. I'm Happy to say the bugs are worked out & perform perfectly on both My rig & Bob's 55 chevy equipped with HHO. We're up to 22 mpg on his street car. It seems to work very well together.  I hope all is well & have a good day!   C YA! GONMAD

Stripe

So, GONMAD, if I am reading this info correctly, the dihydrogen monoxide generator is adding hydrogen to the fuel mixture, thus needing less gasoline to produce the same amount of energy?
Fredric,

GONMAD

Quite right Sir!
   Most people believe the gasoline is what makes the engine run when it only serves to ignite the Oxygen & hydrogen already in the air we breathe. The more complete the combustion IN THE CHAMBER the more power it produces. The engine temprature will drop as a result while power goes up. The dihydrogen is but one of the gasses that can be produced. We are currently working on assembling a "HYDROSTAR" generator. Here's the link:
    http://www.stoptherobbery.com/HydroStar%20Hydrogen%20Generator%20Schematics%20Plans.pdf
  This unit is closer to what Stan Meyer had built before his untimely death at the hands of big oil.
It produces parahydrogen as well as dihydrogen. This gives the user the option of tuning the octane so to speak by mixing the two. This is also more of a fuel source than an add on. It is more complex than just an HHO unit & requires a toroidial coil be hand wound & is time consuming & will test your patience Most of the add on's  increase the PPM of combustable mixtures while the hydrostar IS a fuel production unit in itself & can be used in conjunction with any other fuel. These devices are NOT that complicated & anyone that can read can benefit from them. BE curious & never be afraid to ask questions!
I question reality every day!
And YOU have a good day as well Coachman500.
C YA! GONMAD 

Stripe

Cool, if I had the time and $$$  I would absolutely LOVE to test that HHO generator for my trip from WA to NY..
Fredric,

maxximuss