Better Performance & Mileage - Eagle Research - HYC02A Cold Vapor Modification

Started by GONMAD, June 22, 2012, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GONMAD

Hello to all,
It's been a while since any interest has been posted & it's good to see it. First off, the 'enhancer' pulls the vapor off the areas over the boiling fuel IN the carb & is equalizing the pressure within it balancing it with the environment at the engine. It is NOT a sealed system, you have to leave a small amount open to the atmosphere or ambient air pressure. If you have ever looked at any of these aftermarket racing carbs you will see the fuel in the bowl boiling from the heat generated by the engine.This vapor is pulled into the engine at the point connected to the manifold or the carb vacuum takeoff. The metering valve is only opened up slightly for it to operate. This part MUST be in place first & then you can go on to the HYCO.
Secondly, I changed the system so as to fill it(the HYCO) with fresh fuel every time it's started. If you look at the bottom fill block you will see on it a fill line, you'll also see the RETURN line hooked to it as well. This allows the fuel to return to the tank when engine shut down occurs. This is done to also pull a vacuum on the main fuel tank (you must run a non vented system at this point for this to work properly). Another benefit, the need for the super expensive three way valve is eliminated & a much cheaper two way valve is used instead. With the system setup this way you must wait (upon startup) for the HYCO to fill before you start your engine. This only takes a few seconds. This method assures you of having fresh gas at startup every time. I use a holley electric pump set to 3.5 lbs. as a lift pump to the manual pump at the engine with a relay off the keyswitch for activation. To start the engine at this point, after the fill light goes off I mash the pedal to the floor, let up & crank the engine. I don't need a choke anymore & this is the normal starting procedure for just about any engine so it should be second nature at this point. So far with My unit set up this way there is no maintenance & it's been working FLAWLESSLY ever since I installed it. The power & mileage is like that of a hot rod & squeezer all in one.
In short..  Go BUY the books necessary to clear up ALL misconceptions about how everyone THINKS it works. I'm SURE thirty or so dollars won't kill anyones pocketbook for this knowledge.
I'll make up a detailed instruction diagram & schematic on how I modified the system for MY application.

While I'm here I'll enlighten everyone about what my brother & I are doing for our HEALTH. We have at our disposal HHO generators. With these units we are treating distilled water by inserting the output hose from the HHO unit to the bottom of the distilled water jug for twenty or so minutes. This creates highly activated water which I've been drinking for approx. nine months now I my health hasn't been this good for quite a while now. A few years ago I suffered 6 widowmaker heart attacks in one morning dieing in the chopper on the way to the hospital. They told me to "Take it easy for the rest of my life". I can't live with that kind of directive & decided to improve my health myself & now i feel at least twenty years younger. I'm sure the hydrogenated water has everything to do with it. Go to the section at Eagle Research regarding BROWNS GAS & watch the VIDS. All for now folks. If ANYONE has any questions feel free to contact me in this venue.

I wish good health to all & try to make someone smile.
GONMAD 

GONMAD

Hello Again to ALL!,  I have a new addition to the HYCO usage. On a 454 suburban we use for heavy towing is a HYCO unit installed only the output from the HHO Generator feeds directly to the air inlet of the HYCO. This makes a form of Peroxide (which burns readily). The difference is quite noticeable & power & mileage figures aren't available yet but is estimated at 12 to 15 mpg. Considering it weighs in at 7700 lbs. with no overdrive. It WILL pull a 12000 lb. trailer with ease now! I'll provide pics on how it's done so as not to cause confusion. A newer type HHO unit much cheaper than our previous unit (around $290.00 WITH a PWM pulse width manager) is the device in use now. It makes 7 liters per minute & more than enough for a hungry big block. I'll give a link to the supplier for simplification purposes. It's hot here & the snowbirds have flown home. Plenty of time to do research & sweat! I wish good health to ALL & I'll be posting again soon. C YA! GONMAD 

Oz

Please do update us with the comparison data on mpg before and after.  Also, I don't know if you did anything to document hp and torque before installation, but it would be great to have solid data on these as well.

You've done an awesome job of explaining the principles, the methods, and the mechanics of the system and I appreciate this greatly as it's always been a topic of extreme interest.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

I know in the past I siad I have seen these type of things and they did not work. There is a lot of interest in this and several members have said they were going to put one together. Did anyone actually do it and what are your findings?
Gonmad, I am curious if anyone has put one of these systems together for a Jeep that runs at off angles? Does the unit have to be level or close to it all the time?

GONMAD

Hello Rick, in regard to the unit operating at angles I haven't had the opportunity for that instance. I plan to try my HYCO on my LS6 in the Nomad soon as I received a Dominator custom modified by a good friend that sells collectible carbs & Pro Mod carbs. Pretty cool stuff.
With the float assembly on a guide shaft it has to be on the level. I'm looking at another option by attaching a Holley center hung float bowl for the refill cutoff. This would eliminate the fragile float assembly & one less electrical circuit. At this point it wouldn't matter how steep the angle is, just have the float bowl face forward. Things have been hectic around here lately & truing to catch up with research is trying at times. but My Brother has been working on a way to lessen the cost of materials for the HYCO. I'll be back with more pics & info soon. It's nice to see an active mind at work. Thanks for the correspondence & I'll be back. GONMAD

Rickf1985

I am going to be retiring soon and I will have time to work on a project like this. The down side is the low fixed income so it would have to be manageable price wise. But if it works and get me better mileage then I may be able to travel more.

GONMAD

Hey Kevin... I was just reading your post & you are correct in the flow process so far. The K&N filter IS for cleaning the incoming air to the HYCO.  I quit the pre-heater as it created a variable not wanted at this time. however it might be useful in the colder climates, I don't know. All the parts are available at most any well drilling supply house & or good hardware store. I re routed the fuel system to drain the fuel from the main cannister back to the main tank via the return line off the fuel pump. This change negated the need for an expensive three way solenoid & is replaced with a standard hydraulic 12 vdc two port solenoid like the one for a line lock (roll control)   (I blocked the return fitting on the mechanical pump). This assures fresh fuel every time you start the engine. It only takes a few seconds to fill initially. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. You won't be disappointed with the results! GONMAD