Better Performance & Mileage - Eagle Research - HYC02A Cold Vapor Modification

Started by GONMAD, June 22, 2012, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GONMAD

Hello All... I am going to advise a change in the type of sealer to use 'inside' the Hyco. We have switched to JB weld from the 5200 we previously used. The aforementioned will swell after time & lose sealing ability. The JB will not do this hence the change.  Thanks for your interest.  C YA! GONMAD

Rickf1985

I just saw this thread for the first time and I have to admit that after 45 years as a master mechanic I am skeptical. I see you mention several times a Ford part number but never saw the part number. That might help to clear things up.

GONMAD

I haven't found such a number either, but a good friend that owns a car lot said he bought part of an old police car fleet that had them on. He went on to say they knew nothing about them so they removed them all & trashed them! He recognized it right off. I would also venture to say this item wasn't to be widely known about by the general public. If it was then everyone would have one & negate the whole "ADVANTAGE" of having it. I'll also tell you running without it is something you WILL miss. If you REALLY want the old part numbers try writing to George Wiseman at Eagle Research as he might be forthcoming with it. I feel My design to be BETTER the the old design due to the hardware innovations & upgrades. I am currently working on a clear acrylic canister so the masses can SEE it working to believe it!?
I suggest everyone with a carbureted engine try the ENHANCER It's so simple to install & the results are IMMEDIATE! It costs to buy the water line kit for an ice maker fridge & a little time tuning it. If done right you'll do it on everything.  Thanks for the interest, I appreciate curiosity...it's good for the soul. C YA! GONMAD

ClydesdaleKevin

Okay, I'm game to try this, and maybe even the HHO.  Got more info, like free plans and pictures?

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Just to clarify, I'm all onboard with trying out a Hyco and hydrogen gas gen...but not onboard with the other system of winding my own several miles of coil, which is the only free plans I've seen so far.

Any free plans for a Hyco and HGG?

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

thisoldhippy

Gonmad which books did you order from eagle when you started this project/ I want to do this and want to get the right books. Thanks! :)

GONMAD

Unfortunately this info isn't free & protected from piracy by copyright law. One must purchase everything individually as a separate account. I recommend pooling resources with like minded friends.  I purchased the book on the 'Carburetor Enhancer' & also the book 'Hyco 2A Manual'. We are going to purchase a BROWNS GAS Generator. This unit in MY opinion could revolutionize welding as it's properties are somewhat over the top for the ones who stick to old conventional thinking along with wood burning subs. (Read into the research into drinking Hydrogenated water for health purposes). The main problem is finding an appropriate container for the Hyco. What we're using is a 5" PVC pipe coupler & related fittings from a good plumbing supplier. I do not think Eagle sells a good container anymore. That was THE MAJOR stumbling block but not anymore with this container. Also I changed from a three way soleniod valve to a two way because of my re-routing the feed line & the return line. On mine the return ilne is constantly open providing a constant supply of fresh gas & the Hyco drains dry after the key is turned off, leaving no liquid inside. I also have dry break quick disconnects on everything.  I'll post some new pics on my gallery. As always... GONMAD

thisoldhippy

Rickf1985

I may be coming off as a little harsh and skeptical but to be fair here is what I will do. I work in the maintenance dept. of a university and am on good terms with a NASA engineer here that is working on alternative fuels. If this is a feasable concept he will know or be very interested in proving it out and he has the resources to do so.

M & J

M & J

Stripe

As a matter of fact it is, http://climate.nasa.gov/energy_innovations/847
Creating Hydrogen from water is actually not that new of a concept.  Whereas the bus in the article is being refueled with Hydrogen, the Hydrogen itself is being made on site using the same process as Gonmads' associates use.  There is in fact sound science behind all this.

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rickf1985

The manufacture of hydrogen is as old as time, you do it every time you boil water. This is the basis for the fuel cell. The problem is making it portable and self sustaining. I have not read the latest articles on the systems being offered here but I have read up on, and tested, many systems going back 40 years. None worked as advertised. Yes you can gain a tiny bit of power or mileage sometimes but the cost of doing so is just not worth it. The cost per mile is substantially more than stock. That is what you have to consider, MPG vs. cost per mile. To the best of my knowlege the man I am talking about is not a rocket scientist but he does have degrees in mechanical and chemical engineering so I am sure he will be able to verify if this will work or not. Plus this is right in the field that he is working on. He will have a definite interest in it if it does work.

GONMAD

I try to find my own answers & generally don't depend on what the current 'EXPERTS' ( like those two Corporate sponsored  boneheads at Mythbusters) have to say. I think changing rear gears works to an extent. But I opted for a Gear Vendors over/underdrive & it works flawlessly. The  total I spent on a GOOD HHO gen from 'Water 4 Gas' & SAV FUEL in Canada. They have been producing them for 40 years now IN CANADA! A lot of big rig Trucks up there run  them. It was $1100.00 a full seven years ago. & not any more than to acquire more potassium. A CONSTANT 4 to 6 MPG is what it's producing. I have a total of $1000.00 in the HYCO research & it works just fine now that I have a GOOD container. I have NO job & did this despite that fact. NOTHING IS FREE!!!! Go BUY the plans & THEN the Voodoo goes away. I'm no rocket scientist & I know that ROCKET fuel IS HHO! If anyone tries something with a positive attitude the results are generally positive. I suggested pooling recourses to lessen the burden on everyone. I can't 'by law' reprint the plans or I would.  I 'AGAIN' recommend doing YOUR OWN research  Trying to make the world a better place is like swimming upstream sometimes, but the Salmon make it & WE'RE supposed to be the 'Intelligent' species on this Prison Planet, but I digress.  Any more questions?   C YA! GONMAD

ClydesdaleKevin

I know from my catapults that a small change in design and someone else can sell them.  I want free plans before I try this'.  You already said you had to modify things...lets see what you've got in your own words and pictures, and there is no copyright infringement.

I know this for a fact.

Kev

Oz

Here's a link to the photos he has posted.  I think some of them are applicable to the topic.  I browsed them and I follow the HHO idea with interest, but I'm not really all that into the topic from a technical aspect.

Just passing along what I see.  Maybe there's something in these photos that will pique interest or you'll have questions about.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=mgalitems;u=2895

The author did say he would provide a list of components in his early post.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

GONMAD

I must remind everyone about my last trip to SC & having fuel filter problems. My trip UP was terrible with inclement weather & slow traffic on Hwy. 27 past Sebring.   My return trip was clear weather & I managed up to 8.30 MPG WITH the HYCO ONLY. I wasn't being frugal with my right foot either averaging from 65 to 88 MPH for the most part, you know "keeping up with traffic". I would imagine keeping my speed down to Bluehair speed might have made a difference in mileage but I could not help myself & mileage suffered as a result.  I did NOT use the HHO on this trip  to get accurate data on the ONE device. I run my generator off of another tank so as not to affect overall readings. I think I actually got 12.4 mpg after falling off a cliff...no wait that's my wood burning submarine.
I KNOW about patent & copyright laws. As I have said in the past to look at my Picture Gallery & see for yourself how to build the HYCO. I'll send more pics of the altered system I use to clarify any scary hocus pocus & maybe some magic beans if anyone has a cow to trade. My goal is to inspire everyone I can to look for yourself & just maybe we can resolve conflict. WE should pull together to come up with possibly NEW concepts or Ideas for our maladies concerning these magic mileage figures. IF no one dares to take a first step then failure isn't even an option.

MotorPro

I have been in the engine business my whole life. Can you build a conventional 454 and get 12 mpg in a class A....No. But as many times as i have seen these cold vapor systems bragged about every time they were independently tested the rusults are the same .They do nothing but waist money.

GONMAD

pvoth1111

I'm with Motorpro... show me 3 independent test results performed under strict laboratory conditions by really smart people in white coat with PHD's.
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

M & J

Ok. I'll make this thread even more interesting.
Having owned a few Fieros, I remembered this car built by Smokey Yunick.

Fill your hands

http://www.gafiero.org/docs/SmokeyYunick.pdf

M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Oz

In it's course, I think this topic has degraded into a lot of irrelevant static.  It has started leaning toward a pi$$ing contest of "BS vs no BS" and is going off into to using military vehicles to modify conventional RVs, diesel conversions, building big block Chevy gas engines that just as doubtfully get 12 mpg, copyrights, gas mileage in 1980s VW Rabbits... pretty much everything except doing what the author reasonably presented for you to do with it in his opening post!

Let's focus on providing info on and asking questions about the system and remember this:

HHO systems theory and development have been around for a long time and they units have been made and the car manufacturers are producing working models... the future is clear that the system will be developed and perfected...  Just like machines that could fly (It'll never happen, right?), a manned rocketship into outerspace (it's only science fiction, right?)... and driverless vehicles (impossible!, right?). 

If you do not have a thorough knowledge of how the system works, have used this particular system along with the described modification, or are in direct contact with someone who does or has, then generalized statements saying it doesn't work are not valid.  They are opinions without support.  The only basis for skepticism so far has been from the failure of sub-developed units made in the past.  Is that where it should be left?  If so, I guess we'd still be using horses and buggies, we'd have never gotten off the ground, propeller aircraft would never have been replace with jet aircraft... the list goes on and on.  So, if you want to disprove it, then specific techno-mechanical reasoning must be provided as to why. 

On the opposite side of the coin, the author must be prepared to support the claims with verified, independent documentation and technically correct information.  The claimed experience of one person does not a fact make  without supporting information and data.  And if everyone would  go back and read the original post, he did say... find out for yourself, and to feel free to ask questions. 

I suggest you do that.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Hey Kevin....

DEISEL FUEL!!!!!

UNFAIR TAXES!!!!!

Hehehe, I had to do that..  :D

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

Sorry Mark.  I followed your link to all of GONMAD's pictures and descriptions, and feel like an idiot...lol!

And now I'm intrigued all over again!  This actually looks like an affordable experiment that might actually work...the premise is sound anyway.

Okay...so getting back on topic.  Let me see if I understand correctly how the HYCO works. 

The basic premise is that gas is fed to the carburetor normally, right?  But is also fed to the carburetor through the overflow ports by the enhancer.  Do I have that right?

Okay, so the enhancer is getting fed by the HYCO, which is basically a container that bubbles the gas into vapor. 

That vapor then gets fed into the carburetor overflow ports, right?

So a couple of questions.  What feeds the gas into the HYCO unit?  Did you add a secondary fuel pump, or is it being fed by the electric fuel pump, the mechanical fuel pump, or both?

I see in the pictures that there is a float in the HYCO, which I imagine is there to keep a constant level of fuel in the HYCO for atomization, correct?

What is creating the bubbles?  Is it just the fuel pouring into the HYCO through the tube ends that have the spurgers on the ends, or is there another element I'm missing?

Why is there a tube running to the vacuum port on the carb?  Is vacuum used to create the bubbling in the HYCO, or is the vaporized fuel also being fed into the vacuum port as well as the carb overflows?

Another question I have:  The purpose of the air filter in the pictures.  Is that small air filter a part of the HYCO system?...What is drawing the air into the HYCO from that filter, the manifold vacuum?

And you ran aluminum tubing on your headers to preheat the vaporized fuel from the HYCO.  So I'm guessing the fuel goes from the tank, to the HYCO, into those tubes to preheat the vapor, which then goes to the little valve, and then to the carb?  Is preheating the mixture necessary, and are you currently using the preheated mixture?  Just wondering why it gets preheated at all, since its a cold vapor system, correct?

This unit actually looks like it would be easy and inexpensive to build, so like I said, I'm intrigued all over again and am really thinking about trying it!  It doesn't look like anything but the air cleaner is getting altered very much, and everything looks like its reversible back to stock without major expense, like a new carb or anything...so it very well might be worth trying!  And you all know how many miles we put on our RV!

I'm game to try this idea since it looks doable on a budget, especially since GONMAD has already went through a bunch of prototypes and has hammered out some of the issues already.

And to GONMAD personally...if I purchase the book...its only 18 bucks...from Eagle Research, that clears away the legalities of copyright.  Once I purchase it, can I ask you more specific questions either in email or PMs to see what you did differently, and to see what parts you used and where you got them?

I'm thinking seriously about trying this...hey, anything for more power and better fuel economy, especially since this looks pretty affordable.

Who knows!  If it works out, I might follow your lead and try an HHO!  Just one experiment at a time though...lol!

Thanks!  And again, my apologies to GONMAD and Mark.

Kev

legomybago

Smokey Yunick was a hero of my Grandpa's....One of Grandpa's Hudson race engines he had under his bench was possibly built by Smokey..He never knew for sure...we will never know :(
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy