Oven Burner Won't Light

Started by burt6666, June 07, 2012, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burt6666

Premier TR40 stove/oven.Stove works great, oven pilot lights but never fires....hasn't been used in over 20 years...any ideas of where to start?

burt6666

There is a thermocouple looking thing at the pilot as well...can't tell what it's hooked to.  Maybe an issue ??? ??

ClydesdaleKevin

2 out of the 4 RV ovens we have had had the thermocouple knocked out of alignment over the pilot flame by previous owners.  A lot of folks use it for storage and jam it full of pots and pans, and that can bend or move the thermocouple bulb out of position.  Make sure its directly in the the pilot flame...if the thermocouple is still good, that should sort it out.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

My oven control knob has a "pilot light" position on it.  You hold the knob in "pilot light" for about 30 seconds to allow the thermocouple to warm up then you can light the oven.  There is OFF position that turns the burner OFF but leaves pilot ON.  Then there is a Pilot OFF position which shuts the whole thing down.

Dave
[move][/move]

burt6666

Yes,I do believe the thermocouple bracket is bent down so will try that first...thanks for the advice !!!!

burt6666

That was the problem !!!  Thanks again !!!

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

wvallen

It is threads like this that make this website so unbelievely valuable!  I had the same problem and was able to fix it right away after a quick search to find these posts.

gopher

Quote from: burt6666 on June 07, 2012, 09:48 PM
Premier TR40 stove/oven.Stove works great, oven pilot lights but never fires....hasn't been used in over 20 years...any ideas of where to start?
I've had this old Warrior for 20 years, and never used the oven. Several times I tried to light it up, without success. Well today I was determined to find out why. The pilot would always light, but the flame was tiny. It was not reaching the 'flame-responsive element.' I found that by wiggling the oven knob on the front of the stove, the pilot light would flare briefly.  Once, I got it to stay that way, and sure enough the main burner lit.
The question now is will the valve improve with use, or can I fix it, or must it be replaced? Where would I find the correct replacement part? It's a 1984 Magic Chef.

ClydesdaleKevin

Arizona RV Salvage has just about every part you could need for your oven, including whole ovens.  Great prices and cheap shipping.  We always had great luck with them.

Kev

RANGERRICK

I have parts for Magic chef.I just need the model number of the stove and or part# off the thermostat.

gopher

Thanks. The stove is a model # BT16KK-4Z. The part # is hard to make out but I think it's 83188, or 85188.

RANGERRICK

Double check the model number.The last letter should be an S NOT Z.I PM you with more information.

gopher