Jennybago Is Finally On Her Way Here

Started by awatters, May 24, 2012, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awatters

I just got a call from the transport driver.  Jenny is loaded on his trailer and he is leaving Las Cruces.  Says he should be here in about 4 to 5 hours.  :)clap

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

awatters

Fortunately I have a decorative landscape project to work on tonight for KD or I'd probably go crazy watching the clock.

LJ-TJ

Oz

Soon, JennyBago will be sitting at it's new home... yours!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

In the words of some of my younger hippie friends....AWESOME SAUCE!

I'm glad you're finally getting her home!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

To paraphrase a previous thread, It will be the Bee's Knees. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

awatters

Jennybago is now sitting in our driveway next to my wife's car "Gretchen".  A couple of the neighbors with motor homes drove by while we were unloading and said "Too Cool".  Too dark for photos now so I'll get some in the morning.

JDxeper

Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

awatters

I finally had time yesterday and early this morning to do some cleaning and take some photos. 

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=410

One nice surprise was the rear bunk cushions I found buried under several foam mattresses.  I think that once I go over them with the Bissell they should look almost new.

I have shore power working and the roof AC works.  Tonight I'll be pulling the carb to have it rebuilt again (thanks to lots of varnish in the tank that dissolved into the gas and plugged the jets in the carb).

I'll be testing the systems this week to see what's working and what's not.  I washed the old drapes last night and they did not fall apart so I'm going to do a quick dye job so we can at least have a little privacy.

My grandkids are excited about going camping even if it means in our driveway for the next couple of months.

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

JDxeper

You need to go in the gallery and reset the permission section.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Oz

joanfenn

Jenny looks great, you are going to have fun fixing her up.   Joan

awatters

Thanks, Mark.  I definitely had a PEBKAC moment on that one.  D:oH!

I dropped off the carb in ABQ this morning and it should be ready by the end of the day.  I ran an extension cord out and started trouble shooting the refrigerator.  There is power going to the heating element so I'll see if it is getting any colder by lunch time.  I picked up a couple of bottle of burgundy dyes last nite at WalMart and I'm planning on seeing what I can do with the drapes during lunch.  After work tonight I'll spray some degreaser on the engine and transmission to see if I can get some of years of crud off.

Oz

Quite the busy beaver.  Git 'er done and get to the campgrounds - YEAH!

LJ-TJ

awatters

Mark set the permissions correctly for me so you should be able to see them at the following link.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=410

awatters

I got the carb back from the shop in ABQ, installed it and another new fuel filter last night.  She started right up and is running much better.  There is still a miss but I haven't gotten around to new points and plug wires yet.

Turns out the electric heating element for the fridge was missing so I started on the lp system.  No leaks and the burners on the stove work.  I was able to get the fridge running on lp and had a cold beer from the fridge last night.  Y!

One of the rv shops in ABQ moved their operation down here to our area so I went over to check them out.  Not a lot of stuff but if they don't have it in they can order it for me.  I had them order the heating element for the refrigerator and picked up a plumbing vent kit and sealant.

The grandkids will be here later today so we will spend our first night in the rv camping in the driveway tonight.  :)clap

Tomorrow's project is to start degreasing the engine and transmission, remove the fuel tanks so I can have them cleaned out, check the fuel switch over valve and troubleshoot the house lights.  Hm?

LJ-TJ

Boy and I thought Jessie James was dead. Sweet Ride. You guys are going to have a ball with that rig. Looks in great shape. :)clap