A classic Chieftain in Hollywood

Started by Wantawinnie, March 21, 2012, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wantawinnie

I did a quick search and nothing came up so I thought this was worth posting. There is a show called The Walking Dead on which features a real nice 1973 Chieftain. I hope it survives the show because it really appears original and well preserved up to this point.

A few action shots

and the interior, with a Cockpit Commander Dash.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Has anyone noticed it has the custom dash panel?

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Ok Boys lets track her down. I know they junk these things when there done and yeh it's got the custom dash. Hm?

Alaskan Itasca

The ones they dont destroy they tend to rent, so it could possibly be privately owned. My car has been rented by hollywood productions twice now as a background car. They cut the two scenes it would have been in in big miracle and the second movie it might be seen in is called "The Frozen Ground" which comes out in december( it is a cage and cusack movie). My chances are better for the next movie since i was around for a week of shooting for that movie.
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

Wantawinnie

Sad news, just caught the season finale and they burned it.  :'(

Oz

Geeshe... no consideration for what these classic RVs represent.  It's "just and old tin can", right?  That thing was nice! 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Lefty

Makes me want to just curl up and cry...
:'(

It even had an additional awning over the rear side window..as well as the very hard to find chrome bumpers (which were in great shape)...
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

polarman

I just finished watching the 1st season for the 2nd time yesterday. I just have to keep my Winnebago well stocked, throw all of my guns aboard, and I'll be all set for when the zombies come.
Delhi Lodge #439 Free and Accepted Masons

Oz

Perfect timing, Polarman.  Yahoo news flash:  Russia is developing a weapon which turns people into zombies.  Apparently, it affects the nervous system, placing the person into a zombie like stupor for several hours.  Okay, so it's not perfect yet but, by lad, they're working hard to make our nightmares come true!

Hm?

polarman

Fear not. I just stumbled across an add the other day that Hornady is making zombie spacific ammo. Too funny. Stock up just in case!
http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax
Delhi Lodge #439 Free and Accepted Masons

ClydesdaleKevin

Way too funny!  So funny I had to hop on Facebook for a minute to share it with some of my fellow gun loving friends. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Saw these at the gun shop today, and they were freakin' hilarious!  The box itself is something worth collecting, with all the funny stuff written all over it.  I think I'll pick up a box of .380s because its just too funny not to own some...same bullet as their proven hollowpoints with a plastic pointy part coming out, but instead of red, its zombie green...way too funny!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

This had me so intrigued, I went out and bought season 1 of the Walking Dead, since we haven't seen it yet.  SWEET!

Now we have something to do for a while, since the faire campground isn't opening until Friday morning...blah.

Kev

Wantawinnie

I wanted to bring this back up because I "think" the Cheiftain may have had a stunt double.

Here is the scene right before they burn it.

and here it is engulfed in flames.

It appears to be a shorter model and the rear upper window vents are not on the Chieftain in any pictures. Those rear vents are only used for upper bunks aren't they?  Hm? I would guess they used a Brave or maybe Indian to burn and the Chieftain is still around. Anyone else agree?

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

♫ ♪ "Going dowwwwwn.... in a blaze of glor-eee... ♪ ♫"

Still, it just sucks.

LJ-TJ

You might be on to something there but how would you ever check it out? Hm? Look reasonable.